1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Big Muff Mods

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fitz420, Feb 10, 2014.

1. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows Supporting Member

So, i own a couple big muffs. One is an original big box tall font version 7c, 2nd revision. I plan on leaving this one as-is. Last night i acquired one of the transitional models between the big bubble font ones and the smaller black ones. Basically its a big box black muff.....to my knowledge there aren't many of that model.

I have had some mods to previous muffs in the past, but I'm basically looking for someone to overhaul the big box black one. Would like new jacks, new pots, true bypass, 9v input, mids knob (maybe a trim pot, maybe external), and a blend circuit. Right now I use an ls-2, but board real estate is getting important. I'm also open for other mods, as I know a ton of them exist.

Does anyone know of a reputable company for such mods. I've used Peptone years ago for everything i listed, he just doesn't offer the blend circuit, which i like in a muff.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I'm not handy with a soldering iron, and certainly don't expect to learn on a vintage muff.
  2. fitz420

3. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Malekko Heavy Industry
    Paging rratajski. :D
  4. fitz420

Yeah....I was thinking that too. Owned numerous fuzzrocious pedals. Loved em all. Figured he'd be too busy with all things fuzzro though.
  5. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

I've actually been watching ebay for a good deal on one of these to do some modding myself...more of a learning thing, not something I do on the regular. DannDubblewe is known for his etching/rehousing around here, but he has modded a bunch of these. Might try pinging him.
  6. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I'd love to help, but we're focusing on fuzzrocious builds. Try MSLP?
  7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Get some feedback mods in there while you're at it, you won't be sorry!
  8. fitz420

Ryan, Thanks, I forgot about MSLP and I just contacted them. That dude makes some freaking cool stuff.