Big Muff Pi, rehouse and 9v

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fender_mod, Feb 12, 2013.

1. fender_mod

fender_mod

Ok so I want to rehouse my Russian Big Muff into a Hammond 1590 enclosure and I have a couple questions.

For the 9v mod do I just cut the leads from the battery and solder them to the DC jack, along with the grounding that goes from the case to the negative of the DC jack. I'll be using the plastic 2.1 mm DC jacks.

Or do I need to reverse the +/- or something like that, I've read that there can be polarity or grounding issues, especially with daisy chain.

As for the jacks, I guess I need a stereo for input and just mono for output, right? Do I need to worry about grounding to the enclosure or anything like that?

Thanks

2. fender_mod

fender_mod

Bump. Anyone? There is surprisingly little info in the way of tutorials on the net about BMPi rehousing.

3. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

Why can't you use the existing jacks? But you are correct for the power jack

4. fender_mod

fender_mod

Thanks for the reply,

the existing jacks are crappy plastic pieces that are soldered to the board. they are plastic so I'm wondering if I will have grounding issues if i switch them to metal ones that make contact with the enclosure. I will have to take them off in order to fit it in the new enclosure.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Is it one of the vintage ones?

7. awilkie84

awilkie84

Why not leave that the way it is and just get a Bass Big Muff Pi??
    I have one & it's awesome! 3 mode selector for a dry/dirty mix, traditional Muff, or Bass boosted muff.

8. fender_mod

fender_mod

It's just the black Russian reissue, I think it's the v8.

I already have a boss ls-2 on my board to mix dry and wet signals do I don't really need a new pedal, just for my big muff pi to be smaller and able to be powered without batteries

9. fender_mod

fender_mod

Bump, anyone have experience rehousing these pedals?