Big muff rehouse

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sugarmagnolia97, Jan 27, 2013.

1. sugarmagnolia97

sugarmagnolia97

My guitard friend wants me to rehouse his big muff pi. What size box would I need to do it? Thanks

2. sugarmagnolia97

sugarmagnolia97

3. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    I used a 1590c to rehouse a Russian BassBalls. There's no room for a battery, and I changed a switch to make everything a little tighter, but it worked and I still have it. The lone pot in the Bassballs (the other two pots are trimmers made external) was huge, it might present a challenge getting all three to fit in a convenient way.

[​IMG]

4. sugarmagnolia97

sugarmagnolia97

Anybody have a pic of a big muff In the Hammond?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media:
    Have you had a chance to look inside the box? I'll tell you what I would expect to see based on my rehouse.

The 3 pots and footswitch mounted to a brass plate just below the top of the box. Mounting arms extend from the brass plates to a circuit board with board mounted in and output jacks. The circuit board is just the right size to fit into that Hammond box, And the depths of the c size box allows you to mount the circuit board below the switches and pot.

Drilling of the input output jacks is critical, it needs to be high enough to not hit the bottom plate but low enough that it won't get interfered with by the pots and switches.

7. sugarmagnolia97

sugarmagnolia97

8. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Media: