1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Big Single into Sadowsky Modern 24-5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by babaseen, Jan 26, 2011.

1. babaseen

babaseen Supporting Member

I have been considering the idea of replacing the bridge EMG pick-up with a Nordstrand Big Single on my fretless Sadowsky Modern 24-5 and wondered if anyone had performed this change before (just wondering how difficult it would be wiring wise with an active and passive pup). I prefer to keep the active EMG in the neck position as I dig the tone solo'd but I want to experiment with the passive Big Single in the bridge position. I've seen the posts that offer advice on how a Modern's bridge pickup position limits any significant tone variation due its close proximity to the bridge...but thought I'd consult the TB collective for additional pro's and con's
  2. babaseen

After reading a number of threads and the lack of any post to this thread I have come to the opinion that the BS is not what I'm looking for in a replacement bridge pup. I was hoping to find a pup with a very throaty voicing...suggestion, it doesn't exist. Inner voice: "Stay with the EMG it's better than any of the alternatives"
  3. babaseen

Just saying...EMG's rock!