1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Biggest cabinets that fit in Subaru WRX / Impreza sedan

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by akdmx, Jun 9, 2012.

1. akdmx

akdmx

I'm looking for a new bass amp and am wondering how big I can go while still being able to transport my amp in my Subaru Impreza WRX sedan. I'm hoping to hear from other subaru owners that successfully transport larger cabinets in their back seat. It is my understanding that all 02-07 Imprezas (wrx,sti,rs // sedan,wagon) all had same backseat and door opening, so all are relevant. Just to drive the point home -- I have a sedan, so please don't share stories about fitting things in your wagon's trunk.

In my experience, I have moved the following cabinets:
    Carvin 210 combo: 24" x 18" x 21"
    Fender hotrod 212: 21" x 24" x 11"
    Crate 115 cab: ????? (here is a picture of the cabinet in case anyone can help me identify it, or find dimensions)

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to fit a 212 (GB Uber?, Aguilar 212?) or 2x 112.

Please share your experiences! Thanks in advance.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member

I suggest the front seat be moved all the way forward and then take a tape measure of your door opening to see how wide a cab can fit through it. Go from there.
  3. akdmx

akdmx

Thanks for your suggestion, the issue is that the door doesn't open completely out of the way (90°), so my space constraint is a little bit more complicated than just the door opening. I'm trying building models out of cardboard, but I only have so much cardboard.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share? Thanks!
  4. akdmx

akdmx

Can anyone else give me feedback about this?
  5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f30/cabinets-sedans-619757/

Uber 2x12 28" x 24½" x 18¼" 63 lbs
    Shuttle 1x12 18" x 18 1/2" x 14 1/4" 27 lbs
    Focus LT 1x12 17 3/4" x 17 3/4" x 16 1/4" 32 lbs
    Neox 212t 31" x 21 1/4" x 16 1/2" 53 lbs

Got tape measure?
  6. davidjackson

davidjackson Supporting Member

Dude - show some committment!

Sell the Subaru and buy a van. The money you make on the exchange and save in fuel will buy you some top quality gear that you can transport easily!

Jeesh, some guys just want to have it all...

;)
  7. DrPieZon

DrPieZon

I've been stuffing my Eden 115T (17.5x23x18.5) and 210T(23x23x18.5), plus a 4 rack space SKB case, Lakland hollowbody in a hardcase and Zon in a soft case into the back of my 2002 WRX your years. Just fold down the rear seats push the tallest items up against the back of the front seats and pile the rest in. 154,000 miles and still goovin'. :bassist:
  8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    +1

I don't own a Suburu WRX but I owned a Neon and was able to get a crapload of gear in it including not just my rig but some PA gear as well. I'm guessing the cars are similar in size +/- a few inches.
  9. duff beer

duff beer

I have a 2007 Subaru Impreza and can fit a Hartke Hydrive 410 cab in the trunk. The dimensions are 15" deep, 24" wide, and 27" high. It has to go in sideways and just barely makes it, but it fits. Once it's in, there is room for a few other things. But, whether it fit or not was the deal breaker. I told the salesman he had a sale, but ONLY if it would fit in the trunk as I wanted the option to leave my car somewhere without it being visible in the back seat tempting a smash and grab thief.
  10. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

I miss my 2005 Subaru WRX STI :bawl: ....... Stayed in the family though and got this (also because of a growing family)

Perhaps it's you answer tooooo ;)

[​IMG]
  11. akdmx

akdmx

Just wanted to check back in on this thread and report that I can get my Bergantino HD410 in to my car easily enough that I don't mind transporting it regularly.