1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bill Anschell Trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Chris Symer, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Just got this uploaded to the you tubes. From a promo video we did for a studio here in town. I sort of like it..... http://youtu.be/_YUFftvS1ok
  2. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Nice, Chris - the bass sounds nice and fat! Cool arco solo.
  3. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Thanks Jake! I remember my bass feeling a little wimpy that day, but I do think it ended up sounding good on the video.
  4. tcl

tcl

I really enjoyed the piece, arrangement and the playing! You all sounded great to me!
  5. Michael Glynn

Michael Glynn Supporting Member

Nice work, Chris. You guys sound beautiful.
  6. Art Araya

Art Araya Supporting Member

It's very nice Chris. Nice tasteful playing!
  7. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Thanks fellas. I enjoy playing with those guys.... The video is kind of funny because we did two takes with different camera positions. We kept the audio from the one that didn't have any close ups of Bill during the piano solo, so you hardly see him at all except for during the melody, and there is a shot or two of my left hand that don't line up but overall I thinks it's alright.
  8. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Gold Supporting Member

Really nice feel and mood - bass does sound great! (What was the recording mic?)
  9. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Sorry to say, but I REALLY don't pay any attention to what mic anyone uses when I record. I will listen to playback and maybe move the thing a bit if I don't like it, but I am generally happy for the studio to use what ever mic they like. This one looked like a beer can, that's about as far as I go!
  10. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Really nice, Chris!
  11. evil-g

evil-g Supporting Member

Beautiful!!!