1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bill Nash Basses Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Nov 6, 2007.

1. air_leech

air_leech

recently it seems that there is a growing movement of Nash owners secretly meeting in small hidden threads. I say: no more! the time has come for Nash owners to rise up and take over the TalkBass bass guitar forums (that is untill Bill starts making reliced uprights and we can take over the DB forums too)!

here's my PB50:

Attached Files:

2. Matt R.

Matt R. Supporting Member

My recent aquisition:

[​IMG]

3. LAG

LAG Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Are Nash basses just parts basses that are assembled together after they are finished, or are they made with components that are custom crafted by Bill Nash?

I really have been wondering about this. Thanks.

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    do a search, or look on Bill's site before we derail this thread before it even begins.

http://www.nashguitars.com/faq/index.html

back on topic....I hope to order a Nash P before too long just waiting to see if I see the right one before I order.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cairobill

Cairobill

I'm stripping down my basses to the bare essentials. I sold my Steinberger, Zon fretless and Fender J and am boiling them down to the following

Zon Six
    Bryant Double Bass

AND

Nash JB-63...Candy Apple Red, it's being shipped. I have a Nash tele which is simply the best guitar I've played/owned so Nash it is for me.

Will post pics...

C

7. blipndub

blipndub Supporting Member

8. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Beautiful finish on that. So is Bill Nash in your band the same Bill Nash of Nash guitars?

9. winston

winston

That's one sweet bass! I've always loved the Antigua style finish.

I couldn't find a Nash dealer list on his site. Can someone pls. help?

10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:
    I own a Nash. 57-P.
    CAR, Gold Anodized Pickguard.
    Ash Body, maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard.
    8.5 lbs.
    Plays like butter.
    Fat, defined, sweet, P-bass tone.

Nash basses, a bargin, for the money.

11. air_leech

air_leech

hmm...it's on the first page.

try www.thelowend.net, they always got some in stock.

12. giantjerk

giantjerk

I'm in. Here's my Nash 63 Jazz relic with Lollar pickups, period correct headstock decal and period correct "L" serial number stamped neck plate. Currently strung with flats.

So far it absolutely rocks. I wish Bill would do bound and blocked necks and with a thinner profile like the CIJ Jazz necks. If I could get those two things this bass would be dead perfect for me.

13. blipndub

Cool Steve, I didn't know you were in the Nash club. Great bass.

14. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

I'll be joining the club very soon myself ;)

15. giantjerk

giantjerk

Thanks. Earlier this summer after my daughter got very ill I sold every bass I had. I wanted to simplify things to the point that I only had one bass. I missed out on a Nash P that was for sale locally, then I got outbid at the very last second on a Shoreline gold Jazz on ebay so I bit the bullet and called Brian at the LowEnd.

I really like Bills work and he must have a great sense of humor because when he relics an instrument he does stuff that I would not think of. For example one of the bridge saddle screws was bent like something fell on it and the first time that I pulled the pickguard off, the front pickup route was made to look like someone started to attempt a different size/style pickup install and quit halfway through.

A lot of people dismiss the whole relic thing. I look at it this way, I'm still careful with my bass but if it gets scratched or dinged it does not matter. The whole time I owned my Sadowsky I was afraid that it was going to get chipped or dinged. After a while it just was not worth the worry.

I wondered who ended up with the Antigua Nash. Very cool finish.

16. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    white P??

17. blipndub

He makes guitars that really look like they've been around, including people doing mods and all the things that actually do happen to guitars over the years. He does have a sense of humor and has seen his share of beat up old guitars. In reviews of his instruments there is sometimes critique of the aesthetic but they all eventually say they sound amazing and play exceptionally.

18. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass Supporting Member

All the pictures in I have seen in this thread so far have a Fender logo. He doesn't build them with a Fender logo, does he? The ones I have seen for sale do not have any logo.

19. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Disclosures:
    No he does not build them with the logos on them.

Nash P owners, question for ya..........how would you describe the neck profile? Is it like the older P's with the big fat C neck?

20. blipndub

No logos, no fender stuff.
    [​IMG]

21. giantjerk

giantjerk

My bass came with a blank headstock just as they all do. However I am still puzzled as to why it came with an "L" serial number neck plate and why he uses pickup covers with the "F" logo.

My pickguard has an Allparts decal on the back.

Mine was supposed to come with DiMarzio pickups but I was overjoyed to see the handwritten Lollar name on the bobbins the first time I pulled them out.