1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Billy Sheehan pedal - sound in the mix!?!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toddbass65, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

Just picked up the Sheehan pedal and wow, what a tone assortment it has!!! Wondering what others have found with it. Last night I tried lots of different settings and no matter what, I did not like the sound by myself but when we played together with the band it sounded awesome - no matter how I tweaked it!
    But on parts where I am playing with just the drummer, or a dual lead with the guitars I'm not diggin it. Is there a sweet spot somewhere I haven't found yet or just it is what it is???
    Anybody else in this boat?
    Using a carvin bx1500 with carvin 410 cab. Hard rock, 2 guitars.
    Not like I am complaining :), but would be nice to find a happy medium if I can. Gonna continue tweaking next time.

2. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster

Chris Cole has a YouTube tutorial about that pedal.

3. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

A lot of the time bass tones that don't sound great by themselves are great in a band context.

4. therhodeo

therhodeo

Yep. Check out some isolated bass tracks on youtube. Rarely does bass solo'd out of a mix sound like you think it doesn't hearing it in a full mix.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster

Try all knobs at 12:00 except Level at 8:30. This setting works for me with my gear. Or do same with Level fully CCW and increase to taste. This is a good starting point.

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Perhaps an Eq in the dirty loop could help reign it in when you're soloing

8. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

I just found Chris' videos.........gonna have a look.
    Thanks!!!