1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Billy Sheehan pedal - sound in the mix!?!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toddbass65, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

Just picked up the Sheehan pedal and wow, what a tone assortment it has!!! Wondering what others have found with it. Last night I tried lots of different settings and no matter what, I did not like the sound by myself but when we played together with the band it sounded awesome - no matter how I tweaked it!
    But on parts where I am playing with just the drummer, or a dual lead with the guitars I'm not diggin it. Is there a sweet spot somewhere I haven't found yet or just it is what it is???
    Anybody else in this boat?
    Using a carvin bx1500 with carvin 410 cab. Hard rock, 2 guitars.
    Not like I am complaining :), but would be nice to find a happy medium if I can. Gonna continue tweaking next time.
  2. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Chris Cole has a YouTube tutorial about that pedal.
  3. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

A lot of the time bass tones that don't sound great by themselves are great in a band context.
  4. therhodeo

therhodeo

Yep. Check out some isolated bass tracks on youtube. Rarely does bass solo'd out of a mix sound like you think it doesn't hearing it in a full mix.
  5. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Try all knobs at 12:00 except Level at 8:30. This setting works for me with my gear. Or do same with Level fully CCW and increase to taste. This is a good starting point.
  6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Perhaps an Eq in the dirty loop could help reign it in when you're soloing
  7. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

I just found Chris' videos.........gonna have a look.
    Thanks!!!