1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Birthday........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SpanishDave, Feb 7, 2014.

1. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

Money is tight but I have 100€ to spend on a bass related birthday present/presents.
    Any ideas welcome

2. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

That's a really hard question to answer without knowing more about who you're buying for. Gear is so personal that I can't think of much I'd buy for any bass player.

Pretty sure that's why nobody else answered your post.

I originally thought that maybe a nice wide leather strap like a Levy would be a good recommendation. Useful, practical, affordable.

Sorry couldn't be more help

3. el murdoque

el murdoque

I know this problem. I'm in a similar situation. Got two vouchers at €50 each for a big shop. The first thought was to simply get two sets of new elixir strings - always helpful. But i'll buy strings when i need them no matter what, and these are gift vouchers so i need to get something i normally would not buy. One hundred is not enough for a U-Bass and any pedal i'd look at is a lot more expensive as well.

So, something nice, luxury and useful:
    -A set of Lava or George L Cables if the player is using a pedalboard.
    -A supernice Strap, wide, leathery, cushioned (with security locks if normal pins are used)
    -A Luxury Softcase Gigbag

4. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

Hi, the present is for me:)-))
    I really can't afford to spend any money at the moment but.....

I have pedals covered really, (mostly mxr) don't need cables, sorted for straps.
    So was just looking for something cheap and cool.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

New case for my Old Epi Les Paul bass could be a great idea!