1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Blabbermouth.net

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyJazz77, Jan 14, 2014.

1. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Am I the only one that finds Blabbermouth.net kind of entertaining in a disturbing, freak show sort of way? Like watching MSNBC or something… From the aging rocker with Botox and eye liner to the costume band named Dismembered Mothers As Ornaments it’s hard not to feel just a bit of despair for mankind.

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

I read it because I like to hear new music and Blabbermouth covers a genre that I enjoy.

3. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

I used to love blabbermouth, but tired of arguing with kids. At least here, I can argue with adults.

It's still on my favourites list, and it's great for vid clips and tour news etc of some great bands, but I haven't posted there in years.

4. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

I read it daily. Probably 90% of the band's on there don't interest me but they do a pretty good job of reporting everything.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

My new sig

7. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

I never really went to Blabbermouth (too much stuff to wade through about mainstream bands I largely don't care about), but I occasionally go to Teufelstomb when it's actually up and working - which it isn't right now. I never really know what's happening in metal. Gorguts put out a new album that rocks.

@OP: I can't help but get the impression this thread was started as a sort of, "LOL look at the silly heavy metal bands" type of thing. Despair for mankind? Really?

That would make a good band name, though.