Black Arts Toneworks Club!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Pelican, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

I see random users of Mark's pedals all over the board, but I realized there's no club where we can discuss his pedals. There are a handful of threads, none of which have much information. I figured it's time to get it all into one spot. So here you have it, folks:

THE BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS CLUB.

Here is a link to the almight Black Arts Blog:
    http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.ca/

If you currently own (or did own) a Black Arts pedal, or have a question regarding one of them, feel free to post here! I will assign numbers to anyone interested. Like the Fuzzrocious club, I will also add the pedals you own/owned.

#1 - Josh Pelican (LSTR, Ritual)

2. Roboglitch

Roboglitch

How do you like the LSTR on bass? I've been thinking about getting the LSTR as it seems heavier than the Pharaoh. The Ritual is intriguing as well.

3. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

I haven't used it much, but I love it. It's perfect for stoner/doom metal. No loss of low end to my ears), very articulate, and has a bit more fuzz on tap than the Pharoah. Here's a quote directly from ProGuitarShop:
    Apparently if you point the Tone and Mid knobs toward each other, you get that well-known scooped fuzz sound. Point them away and you get closer to the Pharoah.

The more I use it, the more I like it.

4. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

Well, this club fell through.

I traded my Ritual for a Revelation (Superbass) and sold the LSTR to purchase something else.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassboysam

bassboysam

I have been exchanging emails with Mark and i will be getting a Pharaoh and Black Forest from him. Also i have a Revelation Superbass on the way. I had a Pharaoh before but i did not like it. describing the sound to Mark revealed that there was likely something wrong with it so i am going to give it another try.

7. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

I'm thinking of either getting a Black Forest or a Revelation...please share your thoughts on both of them when they arrive!

8. bassboysam

bassboysam

The Revelation Superbass is darker and thicker sounding. Works well as an always on fattner/preamp. It smoothens out dirt pedals that are in front of it and makes everything very creamy smooth.

The BF is more flexible, very gnarly sounding OD. it was more gain than i expected and i'd classify it more as a distortion or heavy OD.

9. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Would you be able to record some clips? I loved the demo of the Superbass I saw on Youtube, but I would like to hear the Dark Forest too. I hate having to CHOOSE between two pedals...

10. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Anybody digging the new etches Handsome Beard Etching is doing for BATW?

11. Tractorr

Tractorr Supporting Member

Media:
    From some of the videos I have seen the Pharaoh seems like a fairly unique fuzz, but it also seems relatively subtle (well as least as far as fuzzes go).

Can the Pharaoh put out some extreme sounds if need be?

12. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Bumping this thread in a pathetic and desperate attempt to get some clips of the Black Forest :bag:

13. horseblanket

horseblanket

Listen to the song "madness of an architect" by high on fire.
    there is some great use of the pharaoh in that.

14. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

Resurrecting this thread? I just got my Pharaoh, and I LOVE it! Thought maybe I'd start a club, but then this showed up in the search. Anyone interested? I'm in with my Pharaoh...

15. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

Any interest? Or should I just start a new thread? I'm loving my Pharaoh, and want to share the love!