1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Black Beauties-G String Sounds Dead

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bassman5001, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Bassman5001

Bassman5001 Supporting Member

I recently acquired a MM Stealth 5 String and purchased some Black Beauties. The strings are brand new but the G string sounds dead. Got another pair and replaced the G but same result. Anyone have this experience?
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I've tried black beauties and I've come to the conclusion that they are SUPPOSED to sound like that.
  3. Bassman5001

Bassman5001 Supporting Member

Any suggestions on other black coated strings that don't sound dead?
  4. metermech

metermech SMOOVE ONE Supporting Member

I had the same experience not long ago with a new set of black beauties. I thought it was odd so I emailed DR Strings and received a reply with a new set of black beauties in about 2-3 days time. Put the new set on and no dead G string. This was probably six months ago,hope this helps.