Black Ibanez Bass Knob

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kirkdickinson, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

I just put a new 3 band preamp in my Ibanez GWB35 and it required a new hole and pot. I can't seem to find a matching knob for it. Here is the bass:
    attachment.jpg

The part number for the Ibanez knob that is the same as the volume is: 4KB1C1B
    4KB1C1B-2.jpg
    Can't find one in stock anywhere. A couple places say 3-4 weeks special order, but if you call, they say May.

There is a black knob very similar that has a pointer, which I would like to have because it is for mid control and it has a center detente.

I was wanting one of these knobs or similar enough that it would match. I can't seem to find one. I have been to Allparts, Stew Mac, and spent about 3 hours on Google searching. No luck. AllParts may have one, but there is no way to sort their list down to a manageable on and they have hundreds of knobs.

The bass/treble is a center/concentric knob. If I could find a black set with a center/concentric knob, and a knob with a marker or not, I would just replace them all to match.

Any recommendations? This can't be that difficult!

Thanks,

Kirk

2. JustForSport

JustForSport

Try this place:
    http://www.drumsetc.com/
    Search 'ibanez knob', there's a few pages of 'em.
    I was able to find Ibanez pickups and bridges that couldn't find anywhere else.

3. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike Supporting Member

Tons of cool knobs here:
    Q-Parts

4. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

I actually ordered two knobs from there. Backordered until at least May. Found a site in Europe somewhere in some foreign language that I can't understand, but it was clear that they didn't have one in stock either.

Kirk

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce A penchant for buggery Supporting Member

7. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

8. MothBox

MothBox

You might be better just buying a new set of knobs. I've had problems ordering stock kit from Ibanez. Online stores quoting delivery times of 4 weeks then finding they're ordering direct from Ibanez and I ended up cancelling orders after 3 months of waiting.

My local Ibanez dealer has also commented about long waits when ordering replacement parts.

I picked up some black knobs that were similar to those but for American pot sizes from a local dealer. May be a better option than trying to get legit Ibanez ones.

9. MothBox

MothBox

Or email this guy: http://www.ibanezrules.com/

Sites a bit dated but I've seen the site referred to a few times for Ibanez parts. See what he has in stock.

10. Jamie_Funk

Jamie_Funk Supporting Member

11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Any way you can get me a lateral / side shot of the knob? I have a set of 5 knurled knobs which are black and have a shallow domed profile. They may match...you can have a couple if it serves the cause. I can't remember where they came from but, then again, I can't recall what I had for breakfast.

Riis

12. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

Thanks Riis.. I already ordered from Bestbassgear.com

13. Zooberwerx

Okaaaaay....how 'bout a Payday candy bar I found under the front seat of my car?

Riis

14. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

LOL... Giving mood today?

Thanks, but no... I am on a diet.

15. Rob22315

Rob22315

That looks very similar to the knobs on my EDB605. The low/mid/treble knobs are slightly smaller than the vol/bal knobs and have a small white dot. The part number is 4KB1C3B if that helps. Find someone selling either the EDB600 or 605 for parts or who's swapped out the pre and had to buy new knobs.

The vol/bal knobs are the same part number as the one you listed in your first post. The smaller knobs take the same diameter shaft but slightly shorter. They will ride a little higher if you use them to replace the 4KB1C1B you've already got.

I've had luck ordering parts from Ibanez Japan but it takes a while.

16. Zooberwerx

Two matching knurled knobs and a complete set (including stacked) are en route. Normally, I would have addressed this via PM but I had to share with all:

Muskrat Road in Barnesville?!? This is too good to be true...I can imagine a typical Saturday morning:

"Clem...the fence needs a'fixin!"

"I'll get right on it, ma!"

My dad is from across the river in Moundsville so I kinda know the territory.

Riis

17. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

18. Zooberwerx

Well, I was right about needing a fence that's 100%.

Susan said I could have my own steer provided I feed it, clean up after it, and walk it twice a day.

Riis