1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Black Jazz w/ matching headstock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alexit, May 6, 2007.

1. alexit

alexit

I've been looking for this color combo for a while, but aside from a DJ4 in black sparkle, haven't seen it. Dark rosewood w/binding and pearl blocks on the neck are a must, of course. Any fenders from the 70s or customs out there with this look?
  2. Soma666

Soma666

i remember seeing a TB'er with a parts bass that kinda resembles that. TB'er Bongomania has a shiny black P bass. a very nice one actually
  3. Kindness

Kindness

This doesn't meet all of your criteria, but it will get you started on your way. Introducing my "stealth" fretless:
    [​IMG]
  4. GobBass

GobBass

nobody has mentioned the Aerodyne Jazz / F.Bello sig...
  5. mike phillips

mike phillips

almost stealth. need black hardware:D
  6. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988 Supporting Member

Fender CIJ makes (or made?) a black with matching headstock 75RI...
  7. Kindness

Kindness

You are correct sir!
  8. alexit

alexit

This is what I'm looking for, I think I've seen one a long time ago somewhere on the net.

The bello sig is nice, I I like the 70s logo in silver but I'm thinking the 75 ri with a w/b/w pg would be the best. If only they were easy to find, I can't even get a pic right now.

The hamer is nice, too.
  9. ding_man

ding_man

I think you might want to check out the Fender Aerodyne. The Japanese non export version of it (available from this dealer on ebay) is a little different looking.

I own one and I would also like to say.. a nice bass.
  10. alexit

alexit

Found it on some japanese sites, I think ishibashi carries it but do they still ship to the US?

The model is JB75US/FC. In the pics I see the fender logo, but no 'jazz bass,' so I'm assuming it's on there, but in black. :ninja:

It also comes in oly white: [​IMG]

But I think I prefer the 60s version:
    [​IMG]
  11. papajune

papajune

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, Ashdown Amplifiers
    yeah, this is the very same bass ive been looking for now for about 5 years. The blocks for me are not as important though. They do exist, theres one introducing the late 60's models in the Fender Bass book, jack daley with lenny kravitz has a 66 without the inlays, and these jap frnder models are the only ones other than aerodynes and jaguars that are avaiable now, other brands im unsure of. The vintage are super hard to find and really expensive as there only one off custom color combos. Check around for a nash, ive seen those like this on occassion. Im actually trying to buy a neck right now with blocks and a black headstock, build my own, its getting pricey though. Good luck, i guess were compitition now so we must be enimies!:ninja:
  12. alexit

alexit

Apparently ishibashi has them. Shoot them an email.
  13. Bernie Connors

Bernie Connors

Like this....?

[​IMG]
  14. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Stealth? I've got it! Pics are before the black tapewounds went on.
    Tuning is EADGC. I could gush...:hyper: :bassist: :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. RunngDog

RunngDog

My recently acquired Valenti has this look. The fretboard is ebony though, with no dots at all. Pickguard is b/w/b matte black, which I really like (no fingerprints or fingernail scratches). There's a pickup cover as well, but it's not shown in this pic that Nino took:

[​IMG]
  16. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

17. alexit

alexit

Holy sh*t a deluxe model! Yes, exactly like that.
  18. Bernie Connors

Bernie Connors

Well you can find it at www.chicagomusicexchange.com if you'd like to make it yours.... ;)
  19. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90 Supporting Member

thread resurrection.... Hoping to start a project soon and would love a matching black headstock.

Right now the plan is to build the neck and paint myself to get what I want. Any other ideas folks?
  20. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

All MINE!! Not For Sale, but an idea

[​IMG]