Hey everyone, Over the past week I have been ordering parts to start my first ever complete bass build! I have built guitars from parts before, and made bodies, but this time it is going to be a complete build from scratch (this will be my first ever attempt at making a neck). As of now, these are the specs: Black Limba body (3-piece) Rosewood neck, 22 frets (fretted) Mac ebony board, a veneer in between Seymour Duncan SMB-4A (bridge pup) SD STK-J1 (neck pup) Hipshot "A" style bridge Gotoh tuners I plan to wire it with 4 controls - a volume and tone for each pickup, along with a series/parallel switch for the SMB-4A. The body shape is based off a yamaha fretless my brother had, but slightly bigger (still smaller than a jazz bass). This build is going to be fairly simple, as it is my first. So, I started working on it today. I had to join the 3 pieces of B. Limba, and since I don't have a jointer or planer or anything, I did it by hand. It was fairly close anyway so it didn't take much work. Here, you can see some of the wax had dripped over onto the sides, so I first scraped that off as best I could, then hand sanded the sides. I did the same process until all sides to be glued looked something like this: And here's what the blank looked like up to this point, pretty good: Here's the current state - glue-up. I have to get better with my glue application/spreading because that's a lot of squeeze out... Thanks for looking!