1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Black & Maple P-Bass by Dan Atkinson

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bulky Bass, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass Supporting Member

Absolutely pains me to sell this wonderful bass but unforeseen car expenses have come up.

This is a 70s Precision Bass made by Dan Atkinson in excellent condition. I have owned several American and Japanese P-Basses and let me say that this one slays them all. Quiet electronics, perfect balance with no neck dive and one of the most comfortable necks ever on a bass with a 1.5" nut width but with just the right amount of P-Bass chunkiness. It is strung with the Labella flatwounds it came with and it's got the thump!

I purchased it new from Dan here a few months ago to use as a recording bass and haven't had a chance to record with it nor has it been gigged. I'm sure it would sound amazing for any of those applications. It came with no case but I purchased a brand new Fender deluxe gig bag for it the day after I got it. It is padded, has back pack style straps and fits the bass like a glove. It will be included with the sale.

$475 shipped.

Link to original post with better pics than mine: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-black-maple-precision-1041471/

Attached Files:

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

3. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass Supporting Member

Sold! Thanks for all the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.