Black & Maple P-Bass by Dan Atkinson

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bulky Bass, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass Supporting Member

Absolutely pains me to sell this wonderful bass but unforeseen car expenses have come up.

This is a 70s Precision Bass made by Dan Atkinson in excellent condition. I have owned several American and Japanese P-Basses and let me say that this one slays them all. Quiet electronics, perfect balance with no neck dive and one of the most comfortable necks ever on a bass with a 1.5" nut width but with just the right amount of P-Bass chunkiness. It is strung with the Labella flatwounds it came with and it's got the thump!

I purchased it new from Dan here a few months ago to use as a recording bass and haven't had a chance to record with it nor has it been gigged. I'm sure it would sound amazing for any of those applications. It came with no case but I purchased a brand new Fender deluxe gig bag for it the day after I got it. It is padded, has back pack style straps and fits the bass like a glove. It will be included with the sale.

$475 shipped.

Link to original post with better pics than mine: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-black-maple-precision-1041471/

Attached Files:

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

3. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass Supporting Member

Sold! Thanks for all the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.