1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

black out effects musket fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Oct 30, 2009.

1. theunknowndude

theunknowndude

Hi All,

someone suggested using the blackout effects musket fuzz however was just wondering if anyone had clips or review on bass for it???

Cheers
  2. burno70

burno70

I'm also interested in this one.

According to a guitar forum I go to it's fantastic on guitar and bass - but thats on a guitar forum and what do they know eh?;)

My local pedal shop has Blackout pedals in but I haven't seen this particular one in stock yet.

Hopefully someone who's tried it out will weigh in with a more informed opinion....
  3. theunknowndude

theunknowndude

I need something that will give me ultra low/mid tight sounding fuzz if that makes sense,...

the only thing that I can find that comes close is the super collider and the pickle pie B...

of course need these for playing on the low B string so anyone that plays in the low range / active bass would love to hear from ya!

mmm damn that supercollider is sounding more and more awesome tho!
  4. uglymutt

uglymutt

You went to a GUITAR forum??? :bag:
    I wouldn't trust their opinions on it either as they would most likely have limited experience with bass.
    Hope some clips get put up as I'm interested in it now.
  5. dropbass

dropbass

an old pal o' mine is involved with them ....im also going towards the musket...or this new one they have has a cool shape and blend switches and 2 diff fuzzes you can blend together ... and has mini adjustable knobs inside to tweak it to your liking....and YES ive been getting on them about getting some bass pedals!!!! :) but theses are very solid and have true bypass..

this is the new fuzz....
  6. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Our own valerus did this video, lest we forget:

And yes, I have the Musket and it's great. In fact, I've recently taken to playing a Ric almost full time and this would be the fuzz that EXCELS with this particular bass...and I have quite a few fuzzes. ;)
  7. Valerus

Valerus

haha thanks vegas. that video is ROUGH mind you. ROUGH.

Here's the deal.

The Musket is FANTASTIC.

I sold mine though. Why? I guess I liked the simplicity of my Green Russian muff clone.

NOW. Since Musket v2 is out (more mids...MORE MIDS!!!) I am actually RE-GASSING for the Musket.

Do yourself a favor and try the Musket out. I'm going to buy my second one within two months.
  8. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Mine is V2 and it's great. ;)
  9. Valerus

Valerus

Dude, nice!

Another reason why I sold my first one is because it would self-oscillate every time I wasn't muting my strings.
  10. JoshC

JoshC

Which is an awesome feature in it's own right. Having multiple fuzzes for different sounds is a must for effects using bassists imo. And if I were buying my fuzzes today I'm guessing the Musket would be on that board, it sounds and looks sick.
  11. rratajski

rratajski

Disclosures:
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I like miiiiiids. The V2 sounds interesting!

But that Fix'd Fuzz...now that is one nice pedal. Maybe I'll get that and then sell it right away, since that's my new MO.
  12. burno70

burno70

This sounds like exactly what I'm after if thats the case.

I play guitar as a second instrument and want to build a 'bisexual' pedal board ;). With pedals that are good for both bass and guitar. The B:assmaster I have is fantastic on bass but not so good on the geet - the Musket sounds like the perfect solution.
  13. Chronicle

Chronicle

Trust me, "bi" boards don't work out so well :/
  14. Valerus

Valerus

I disagree completely. 99.9% of the time I agree with your expertise, but on this I have to disagree.

My board is a great guitar board for sure.
  15. Chronicle

Chronicle

I'm just forewarning that most efx sound different on another instrument and you will not get the same results. this goes without saying to most people, but I wanted to repeat it.:bassist:
  16. burno70

burno70

I know what your saying but the board is definately going to lean towards the bass end of the spectrum but if I can throw more than a few 'bi' pedals in there then it's better than having two boards - for me anyway.
  17. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I had a Mucket Fuzz, albeit briefly, I thought it sounded really cool, but I didn't think it would work unblended for me. Seemed to drop too much low end. Even compared to my SonicVI Champion Fuzz, it wasn't as heavy down low.

Of course my other fuzz is a Swollen Pickle Mk II, so most fuzzes tend to lack low end to me.
  18. Valerus

Valerus

Ah, well you should have mentioned that! I agree with that 100%! My fuzz sounds totally different even between my jazz and my stingray, and it sounds different with a tele as well.

I'm just saying my board works great with guitar, albeit, it doesn't produce 100% same tonezz
  19. Chronicle

Chronicle

Exactly. But that's why I can't have a bi board... my guitar tastes are much different than my bass tastes.
  20. Guinness20

Guinness20

What's the musket like against the tall font russian?