1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

blank jazz bass control plates with no holes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Feb 11, 2013.

1. thehangingmist

thehangingmist

where can i find blank jazz bass control plates with no holes on them? preferably cheap :D chrome will be fine

realised i could put on a 3 band eq with sweepable mids in a vol-bal-stcked b/t - stacked mid/midfrequency configuration with these small pots which come along on this pre i have on my beloved jazz basses! but all the plates in the world on EBAY are predrilled for 3 pots and 1 jack on the plate! now the search begins!

edit: i want 4 pots and a jack on the control plate! the pots being small i can fit it all on board but i just need to custom drill the holes myself to make it work!
  2. zhollywood

zhollywood Supporting Member

If you call up Warmoth they might be able to fab one for you. Good luck!
  3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    A couple of options:

MojoTone has 5-hole, but they're out of stock at the moment.

Buy a 3-hole and drill between the holes
    [​IMG]

You could buy a jack plate and relocate the jack to the side of the bass, freeing up a hole.

You could buy the expensive MEC stacked single/dual-gang pot and combine the V/B to one stack.

You could go with the vol-vol setup and get a cheaper stacked pot for it.

The last option is to contact a metal fabrication place.
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Yeah, I'd do stacked pots. In fact did so on my P/J that has only 2 holes and a jack. Stacked V/V and stacked Bass/Treble.