1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

blank jazz bass control plates with no holes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Feb 11, 2013.

1. thehangingmist

thehangingmist

Dec 14, 2007
    New Delhi, India
    Disclosures:
    MTD kingston international emerging artist
    where can i find blank jazz bass control plates with no holes on them? preferably cheap :D chrome will be fine

realised i could put on a 3 band eq with sweepable mids in a vol-bal-stcked b/t - stacked mid/midfrequency configuration with these small pots which come along on this pre i have on my beloved jazz basses! but all the plates in the world on EBAY are predrilled for 3 pots and 1 jack on the plate! now the search begins!

edit: i want 4 pots and a jack on the control plate! the pots being small i can fit it all on board but i just need to custom drill the holes myself to make it work!

2. If you call up Warmoth they might be able to fab one for you. Good luck!

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    A couple of options:

MojoTone has 5-hole, but they're out of stock at the moment.

Buy a 3-hole and drill between the holes
    [​IMG]

You could buy a jack plate and relocate the jack to the side of the bass, freeing up a hole.

You could buy the expensive MEC stacked single/dual-gang pot and combine the V/B to one stack.

You could go with the vol-vol setup and get a cheaper stacked pot for it.

The last option is to contact a metal fabrication place.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Newport News, VA via NYC
    Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Yeah, I'd do stacked pots. In fact did so on my P/J that has only 2 holes and a jack. Stacked V/V and stacked Bass/Treble.