1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Blend/Expression Pedal - Ideas for how to use it

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Modulator, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Modulator

Modulator

I've been toying lately with the idea of parallel effects loops, so I decided a while back to have Mike Putnam put together a pedal for me that would allow me to blend between two effects chains. Using my old black Bass Crybaby wah for a housing, Mike has recently finished and is about to ship a pedal that allows blending of two audio sources. Heel position is 100% input 1, toe position is 100% input 2, and the travel of the expression pedal would be a variable mix of the two.

The effects on my main board are MXR Bass Octave > Wren & Cuff Phat Phuk B > MXR Bass Envelope Filter > MXR Micro Amp > BB Bass Preamp. My initial thought was to run that pedal combination into input one, and the pick up a Micro Pog and send an octave up only signal into my Adrenalinn III in input 2 to get electric guitar/synth types of tones as a sort of doubling effect, as well as being able to run that sound on its own for soloing.

But now I'm kind of thinking about different possibilities. I could mix my clean sound with the BB Bass preamp and be able to add in variable amounts of drive to my basic tone. I could also put the Envelope filter and Phat Phuk B in a different loop than the Octave pedal to get more of an even blend of the two patches for clean sounds, although I'm not sure if it would be much more different than just using the clean blend on the pedals.

Regardless, I just thought that it was a cool experiment to undertake for the $75 it cost me to have it made, and was just hoping to open up a discussion of different options that I might want to pursue once the pedal arrives. So what do you guys think?