Blend modification cost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5str, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 5str

5str

Hello fellow Tbassers.
    I own a Tech 21 VT Bass distortion pedal. However I'm dissatisfied with the absence of a blend control. Does anybody know the cost of such a modification, if I take it to a technician and he adds a blend knob?
    I'd prefer an answer in euros if possible. I'm from Greece, but I doubt I'll find someone Greek here who can tell me the exact cost in Greece. :p
    Thanks in advance!
  2. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Check here: http://www.putnamguitars.com/mods.htm

$60 US, convert as needed. I had my Tech 21 XXL done there. Doesn't help as you are in Greece but just confirming that the price and work done was worthwhile to me.
  3. jimfist

jimfist Supporting Member

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Or sell it and get the VT Bass DI which has a blend built in!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. groooooove

groooooove

it may be smarter to get a blend loop/pedal, or if you're really smart a boss LS-2

that way you can add a blend to anything you've got.
  7. Diaz

Diaz

Does the Boss LS-2 come with any considerable tone loss?
  8. bassbrad

bassbrad

The LS2 is an excellent choice no tone loss.
  9. shinybeast

shinybeast

I agree on the LS2; it's a very flexible tool. Some may comment on the fact that it's not true bypass, but I've never noticed any degradation of tone, particularly in a live performance situation. I've used it to blend clean with various OD's, distortion and fuzz, but you can also use it as a conventional effects loop (2 loops, actually), or as a booster for effects that drop volume (such as some envelope or octave effects). You can also balance levels between two basses going to the same amp or use it as a simple two channel mixer. On guitar, I used it as a solo boost in the effects loop of an amp. I haven't tried other blenders, so I can't comment on whether there are better options; but I haven't found any reason to be dissatisfied with the LS2 (I've had mine over 10 years--longer than just about any of my other pedals).