1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Blend modification cost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5str, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 5str

5str

Nov 3, 2009
    Hello fellow Tbassers.
    I own a Tech 21 VT Bass distortion pedal. However I'm dissatisfied with the absence of a blend control. Does anybody know the cost of such a modification, if I take it to a technician and he adds a blend knob?
    I'd prefer an answer in euros if possible. I'm from Greece, but I doubt I'll find someone Greek here who can tell me the exact cost in Greece. :p
    Thanks in advance!

2. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
    Check here: http://www.putnamguitars.com/mods.htm

$60 US, convert as needed. I had my Tech 21 XXL done there. Doesn't help as you are in Greece but just confirming that the price and work done was worthwhile to me.

3. Sponsored by:

4. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
  5. Or sell it and get the VT Bass DI which has a blend built in!

6. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    it may be smarter to get a blend loop/pedal, or if you're really smart a boss LS-2

that way you can add a blend to anything you've got.

7. Diaz

Diaz

Oct 18, 2013
    Mexico
    Does the Boss LS-2 come with any considerable tone loss?

8. The LS2 is an excellent choice no tone loss.

9. shinybeast

shinybeast

Apr 1, 2014
    I agree on the LS2; it's a very flexible tool. Some may comment on the fact that it's not true bypass, but I've never noticed any degradation of tone, particularly in a live performance situation. I've used it to blend clean with various OD's, distortion and fuzz, but you can also use it as a conventional effects loop (2 loops, actually), or as a booster for effects that drop volume (such as some envelope or octave effects). You can also balance levels between two basses going to the same amp or use it as a simple two channel mixer. On guitar, I used it as a solo boost in the effects loop of an amp. I haven't tried other blenders, so I can't comment on whether there are better options; but I haven't found any reason to be dissatisfied with the LS2 (I've had mine over 10 years--longer than just about any of my other pedals).