1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Blend pot Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikeee71, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Mikeee71

Mikeee71 Supporting Member

Hi I am looking to switch my jazz bass to Volume/blend
    I have looked all over the web Stewmac,Allparts,Mojotone,etc No one has a solid shaft 250k blend pot with center detent. does anyone no who sells them? Thanks!
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I've done it before, but I found that active preamps with their buffered blends sound better. I don't remember which pot I used but I doubt it would work for you as this was in a bass with EMGs but no active balance.
  3. line6man

line6man

Almost all blend pots have center detents. 250k may be uncommon, as it makes most high impedance basses sound dark. Solid shafts are also uncommon, because split shafts work with almost all knobs, and split shafts can be converted to solid shafts with brass sleeves.

What taper did you want? M/N taper blends are typically preferable to A/C taper blends.
  4. JACink

JACink

Maybe try posting this in the electronics section, there are always people willing to give advice and help.

(Edit: Nevermind, Line6man is everywhere!! ;) )
  5. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member