Blending parallel signals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by apdamron, Jul 28, 2013.

1. apdamron

apdamron

I have a Boss LS-2 line selector that i use as an A+B signal blend, and it works perfectly for this task with the individual level controls, etc. I generally have A set as clean and all the effects through B, But I am trying to figure out a way to use A or B or A+B. Sometimes I WANT an all wet signal depending on which effects I am combining without the parallel clean running into the other side. I know there is mode settings to select different ways the footswitch works, but I do not wish to be spinning knobs between songs every gig.
    Is there similar pedals with blend controls, but perhaps with more footswitchs to combine signals? I've really only seen A + B + C but with no way to control the levels internally.
    Would perhaps an extra LS-2 run a certain way in a parallel series or something be my best option?
  2. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Badger Schism is what you're looking for.. or some custom looper. But the schism does exactly what your asking about. And his customer service is top of the line!! A little bigger than the ls2 but features outweigh size IMO.
  3. apdamron

apdamron

wow looks like you hit the nail on the head with that one, thanks alot! my pedalboard has been getting out of control this seems like the perfect thing to help me reel it back in.
  4. jaibeau

jaibeau my fingers hurt

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:MIKE LULL Eden/washburn (usmusiccorp) Ernie Ball
    Exactly- love mine!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

I would use either a volume pedal or a kill switch ($20 or less if you know how to solder) on the A channel and set the LS-2 to A + B mix.
  7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Xotic X-Blender allows you to toggle between clean, blended, and 100% wet.
  8. Kazoo_Legend

Kazoo_Legend Supporting Member

I think the Pigtronix Keymaster does this sort of thing. Can use an Expression pedal to control the blend between two FX loops from all the way one way or another and every combination in between. http://www.pigtronix.com/products/keymaster/