1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Blown Ampeg cabinet horn need one asap!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SVTJonas, Mar 20, 2014.

1. SVTJonas

SVTJonas

Hey was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where I could pick up an 8ohm Ampeg horn in NYC?

My band has its first gig on saturday and I need to figure this out tomorrow and put it in. I called Ampeg and they said they could send one but the part is only like $41 dollars and the express shipping overnight would be like almost $100!! Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SVTJonas

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

You didn't mention which cab you have. Is there a switch on the back of the cab to turn off the horn? If so turn it off. Otherwise disconnect the wires going to the horn (wrap them so they don't short together or on anything else, leave the horn in place, don't remove it. Use the cab that way till the part arrives.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Your tweeter did you a favor by committing suicide. Now go rock that cab the way God meant an Ampeg cab to sound ;)