Blown Speaker

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vince a, Jan 29, 2013.

1. vince a

vince a

My one-year old GK MB212 blew a speaker this past Sunday during church service. I play it at about 50% volume, gain around 11:00. EQ knobs are set very low, and the amp drives the PA too! I hope this isn't indication that it's going to happen repeatedly every year. Anyone else have a similar issue with their Paragon speakers in their MB series bass combo amp?
  2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Volume knob position means nothing.

Having your knob at "50%" does not mean you are at half power. Many amps are putting out their full output at around the "50%" position.

If you need to be playing that loud consistently, add another matching cab.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I own six. Never had a problem. Same speaker is in my NEO412 and NEO212 II. Just an freak I would guess. Contact jason@gallien.com maybe he can help you some.
  4. craig.p

craig.p

Just checking . . . You don't have an active bass with the bass knob boosted, do you?

Also, what are your exact eq settings on the amp? You do realize that all knobs at noon is pretty heavy bass and treble boost for GK amps, yes?
  5. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

If you weren't trying for low B string notes out of it or playing loud it probably was a dud.

I've seen a few for sale that had replacements, but you can put those down to guitard loud rock bands and 5 string buttons.