Blue Carvin B 40

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassguyky48, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

ON HOLD SALE PENDING!! Lowered price Wed. Mar 19 $650 or OBO shipped to CONUS only.
    $600 for a local sale saving shipping and paypal.
    I really hate to do this, but here goes: My blue Carvin bought from the Carvin Showroom last year with maybe 3 hours playtime.
    Upgrades include: Active electronics-J99a pickups, gloss finish on neck, SB headstock, Dunlops, metallic blue paint, maybe a couple of other things I can't remember for sure.
    Alder body 8.7 lbs. New hardshell Carvin case.
    Not mint.........had a couple of bb sized dings that don't show up in the pix. 2 on the back and 1 on the front. Just so small it's hard to see with your eye, but with the camera almost impossible to show. Again I bought it from the Carvin showroom, I had it setup when I got it..........it plays like butter. Standard frets with a 12 inch radius.

Attached Files:

2. bassguyky48

More pix:

Attached Files:

3. bassguyky48

Go Big Blue!

Attached Files:

4. Jarrett

Jarrett

Nice bass!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr whatever Supporting Member

Wow, gorgeous bass.
  7. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Bump for a high quality made in USA four stringer.
  8. Jarrett

Jarrett

If this was Translucent Pearl Blue, I would have snatched this bad body up already :)
  9. bassguyky48

The Carvin catalog calls it a "Metallic Pearl Blue".........beautiful finish. Normally a $100 upgrade, Carvin often runs specials so this is/was prob a $50 up-charge.
  10. Jarrett

Jarrett

Are the controls volume, volume, tone, bass/treble?
  11. bassguyky48

Yes. Active/Passive meaning that it plays as a true passive with tone pot working as in a normal passive setup, and in active mode the passive tone still works. Almost seems to be a 3 band when in active.
    The J99A's are the "hottest" pickups known to man!! If you want to cut through the clutter, these pickups are for you!! You can dial them back and still get a great old-school tone........Carvin hit a home run with these. Other people make great pickups too, but Carvin has established themselves as leaders and innovators since this new SB and B series came out. All USA.........I kinda like that.
  12. Mike Sorr

What are the Carvin ordering codes for this sucker?
  13. bassguyky48

Mike, I ordered this one from the showroom and it had pretty much all the things I was looking for. Lightweight, Beautiful Blue finish, SB headstock, Active EQ upgrade, maple fingerboard. I aggravated them to death to make sure it came setup with low, low action. I don't know what the exact price or codes would be if you had it built. The good thing about this one is...........buy if from me and save at least $200 bucks!!
    The hard shell case still smells brand new.
  14. Mike Sorr

Hmmmm, I may have to put up a P Bass for sale. This B40 is kind of drawing me in.
  15. Mike Sorr

Thanks Brother. I just listed one of my Fender P Basses on Ebay. If I get a reasonable offer on it maybe we can work something out for the B40. Wish me luck.
  16. Mike Sorr

My auction ends in a few days. If my P Bass sells, this B40 belongs to me. I'll keep you posted.
  17. Mike Sorr

I used to have a 5501. It was an awesome bass, but I wasn't crazy about the 35" scale. I found my hand cramping up after a couple of sets.
  18. bassguyky48

My playing is done mostly at church and the time I play is short, so this is not too much of a problem. I borrowed a friend's Carvin B50 and was amazed at how much easier is was to play than my Lakland 5'er. In the future, I can see switching to a Carvin 5 string.
  19. Mike Sorr

Church is where I do most of my playing these days too. Two services on Sunday and one on Wednesday night. Rehearsal on Thursday night. I have a couple of other projects that I work with, but God gets most of my musical time.
  20. bassguyky48

Mike, I wish we lived closer. I've love to hang with you and pick up some bass playing tips as well as talk church/music, etc. I really hope you get that B40, would love to see someone use it in praise and worship. My bass hero is Abe Laboriel...........I've loved that guy's stuff since the first time I heard him play. He does a lot of Christian music but has played for everybody. So much passion and fire and solid as a rock.
  21. bassguyky48

Mon Bump it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.