1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Blues Trio Recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AdamMeinerding, Dec 21, 2012.

1. AdamMeinerding

AdamMeinerding

Hey guys. I haven't done this sort of thing for a long time, but I have a recording I am pretty proud of and would be interested in sharing it with fellow tbassers. This is my SRV/Hendrix inspired blues trio Jarhead Jones.

We went into a studio in Toledo, OH. Band was tracked all together and vocals were overdubbed.

I'm using a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass (with dead strings :scowl:) with the jazz pickup turned off and the tone rolled most of the way down. I played through my Eden WT550 and my Eden D210XST cabinet. Rolled down highs a little and boosted the mids slightly. My bass amp had its own room while we played (guitar amp had its own room too) and he recorded me with a Shure SM7B.

www.reverbnation.com/jarheadjones

Everyday I Have the Blues - John Mayer cover
    Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan Cover
    Miss you - Rolling Stones cover

Also the guitarist has an original up that is cool, but something he did himself a few years ago.

Check it out:D Also if you have a blues band post your link, and I'll return the favor.

2. DrSpunkwater

DrSpunkwater

Well, you guys sound good, but a straight cover of what's more or less SRV's signature song is always going to be stacked up against SRV, and when you're stacked up against SRV, chances are you're gonna lose. Maybe you guys could explore Texas Flood a bit more and find some new ideas to put out there.

That said, your other recordings are good stuff. I'd consider buying a record.