1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

BMT Custom Guitars And Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Angel Switch, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Angel Switch

Angel Switch

So I've seen Brad's (from BMT) own Youtube videos on their basses, but it appears that they're a small enough name that people haven't done reviews on them. The price tag and customizability options look really appealing, but I'm obviously sort of wary, since I can't find much info on them. Does anyone know anything about these basses? Anyone have one? For refference, I'm looking at the DeepSouth 5, which is his J-bass model.
    http://bmtcustomguitars.com.au/

2. Jamieroberts

Jamieroberts

Hi mate,
    I ordered a bass through BMT about a year ago.
    I have the deepsouth jazz model, swamp ash body, maple neck, fretless ebony fingerboard with no markers.
    Loaded with a pair of bartolinis, and soon to have a bartolini wiring harness/preamp. Beautiful, well built bass worth every penny.
    I have played a few instruments he has built, and in my opinion they out perform any instrument in the price range.
    If your still considering it, do yourself a favour and buy one.