1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Board opinions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassKnuckles, Feb 16, 2014.

1. BassKnuckles

BassKnuckles Supporting Member

So I'm fairly new in the world of effects and frankly, I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of options. I have a few pedals here and was looking for opinions on ordering them. I have a Washburn Lyon wah, a line 6 crunchtone, boss ceb3 bass chorus and an Ibby ts9b tube screamer. What order would YOU put them in. I understand about trying what sounds best but I also understand certain pedals should come before or after others. :bassist:

2. Sethakamoe

Sethakamoe

Wah first then chorus then distortion

3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Distortion>wah>chorus. Whatever floats yer boat but the above order makes absolutely no sense to me.
    With the pedals you have you could put one of your dirty pedals before the wah and on after and have both sounds if you want. I never like wah into dirt unless it's really mild overdrive. Chorus into to dirt can sound cool but most people prefer it after their dirty bits. Try whatever dirt pedal is dirtier before the wah and the more mild one after.

4. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Try different ways and see what you like, then do that.

5. Register to disable this ad