Body question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Dec 26, 2013.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell

I know I need a picture and I am going to try and get one, my friend David is putting together a Fender J he just bought a body from some dud This guy claims it's a some RI body. The guy put some Bart pickups in it. We took it apart just to see what we could see. But the guy had it copper taped real well. But it had this perfect little square hole close to the neck pick up, that had copper tape about the size of a 9v batt. Now I am new at this and so is David. My bass is a 62 RI Sea foam green, with a Geddy Lee neck. Then some dude at the Guitar Center told me all RI's had 3 bolt necks. Now I am a dummie so how can you tell on a Body if it is a Reissue and what year. Thanks Guys

2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

To my knowledge, the only reissue that might possibly have a 3 bolt neck would be the current 1974 or the last model 1975. Neither of these have 3 bolt necks. So perhaps the body you have is a real 1972-79ish Fender body...or the guy is full of crap.

3. gary mitchell

gary mitchell

When I get back from Springfield Mo., would it be alright if I took a picture of mine without the pick guard. But I don't really want to take off the neck. i have played guitar many years but Bass guitars are still new to me makes models and years.

4. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Maybe a picture of the body will work. there are guys on this forum much more knowledgeable than me who might be able to tell with just a pick. Otherwise you might need to take the neck of so we can have a look at the neck pocket and such.

5. Register to disable this ad