Body Support

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mikejdexter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

What is the best EUB that you have tried that gives good body contact?--Meaning that the EUB is easy to hold / makes playing easier / and you are not fighting the instrument?

2. MDM

MDM Supporting Member

The Alter Ego Basso is my favorite... as evidenced by my avatar. It feels most like a big bass to me; and you can actually change the angle of that large bout a little if you like standing slightly behind the instrument.

3. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    Depends on how you play it.
    Seated is my prefered position now, and helps to get the bass fully stabilized.

4. bobsax

bobsax

I agree with eub player. I always play the bsx allegro sitting. I don't even use the tummy rest .
    It takes a little while to get used to it. If I'm playing a standing gig or jam I use the DB.
    The Eminence has a special end pin that doesn't wobble and I've seen lots of folks play it standing.
    If you're not trying yo get a DB sound , lots of guys play stick basses that come with stands.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lz4005

lz4005

The best way to not fight the instrument is to use a tripod or tom-stand instead of an end pin.
    It isn't a DB, you don't have to hold it like one.

7. Jsn

Jsn

Although they're not manufactured anymore, Azola basses are surprisingly comfortable in this respect. I didn't think they would be, since the body support is essentially a twisted piece of metal. But the balance is right and the fit is good: the ergonomic essentials have a good equivalence to playing a double bass. Try one if you get the chance.

8. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Thanks everybody for your info.

9. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Creator of: iGigBook, iGigBook Mobile, iGigBook Index, iGigBook Pager
    The Yamaha Silent Bass works great, it's a lot more useful than the NS basses because of the frame.