1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Body Support

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mikejdexter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Jul 9, 2009
    What is the best EUB that you have tried that gives good body contact?--Meaning that the EUB is easy to hold / makes playing easier / and you are not fighting the instrument?

2. MDM

MDM Supporting Member

May 9, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    The Alter Ego Basso is my favorite... as evidenced by my avatar. It feels most like a big bass to me; and you can actually change the angle of that large bout a little if you like standing slightly behind the instrument.

3. Sponsored by:

4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Depends on how you play it.
    Seated is my prefered position now, and helps to get the bass fully stabilized.

5. I agree with eub player. I always play the bsx allegro sitting. I don't even use the tummy rest .
    It takes a little while to get used to it. If I'm playing a standing gig or jam I use the DB.
    The Eminence has a special end pin that doesn't wobble and I've seen lots of folks play it standing.
    If you're not trying yo get a DB sound , lots of guys play stick basses that come with stands.

6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    The best way to not fight the instrument is to use a tripod or tom-stand instead of an end pin.
    It isn't a DB, you don't have to hold it like one.

7. Although they're not manufactured anymore, Azola basses are surprisingly comfortable in this respect. I didn't think they would be, since the body support is essentially a twisted piece of metal. But the balance is right and the fit is good: the ergonomic essentials have a good equivalence to playing a double bass. Try one if you get the chance.

8. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks everybody for your info.

9. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Disclosures:
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The Yamaha Silent Bass works great, it's a lot more useful than the NS basses because of the frame.