1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bongo Pickups? 1 vs 2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kuroth, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Kuroth

Kuroth

Why is it some Bongos I see look like they have only 1 pickup and some look like they have 2 pickups?

I noticed on the Music Man Website it says Standard is 1 pickup..

I am looking at a Bongo that has just 1 pickup.. Is that good? bad? Dont really matter?

Thanks!

2. Kuroth

Kuroth

3. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay Zane guitars and basses endorsed. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist, Sales Representative and Research and Development for Zane Guitars and Basses.
    I have several Bongo's. Here are the pickup configurations they come in H, HS, HH, Hp, HSp and HHp. I have 4. I have the H and Hp as my main players. If you looked at them, they would only have the one humbucker pickup shown and the one would have a piezo option added to it but you still only see the one humbucker pickup. The other two I have are a HH and a HHp that both have the dual humbeckers shown on them. In all honesty, each pickup configuration is unique in and of itself but they all sound great. My two favorites are the single H configuration and the Hp configuration. The piezo is really a neat added option to these basses. When the Bongo's first came out, you could only get them in the HH configuration so therefore as a result, it is the most popular ordered model but the single H's are really good and a lot of people prefer them over the other configurations. The pickup is also in the sweet spot on that configuration for a little more comfortability. I have not played a HS or a HSp pickup configuration yet but I have been told it is very similar to the sound you get out of a Sterling in the same configuration. Those may be my next ones added later on doen the line but we will see because I am really satidfied with what I have right now.

4. Kuroth

Kuroth

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

I like the single pickup version due to the pickup placement being in the sweet spot.