Bongripper - SWD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ron Now, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
    Hello Talkbass friends,

I know there are a few fans of my band Bongripper scattered throughout this site. So I figured I should let you know the oft talked about album of ours Satan Worshiping Doom has finally been released!

It's been a long time coming and we are really proud of it.

You can obtain a copy for yourself through our website in my sig, if you so wish, but that is not the point of this...

As a special for my Talkbass brethren I am giving you guys access to something exclusive.

Bass and Drum only takes of the tracks

Hail

&

Worship

You might not care, but I found them entertaining enough haha.

Enjoy! and thanks for all the support from everyone here over the years.
  2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound

Awesome.

edit- It might just be me, but only Worship seems to be a working download link.
  3. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Never heard of your band before, but I'm a sucker for doom, so I'm gonna check you guys out.
  4. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Deluge,

I just checked the links on my end and they both seemed to work fine.

If the problem persists I'll try to upload them again or something.

Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound

Yeah the link works... until I go to download it. I get a whole lot of nothing after I click the start download bit.

However, I'm 12 minutes into Worship, and I'm digging it a whole lot. What was your rig/recording signal?
  7. Metal Matt

Metal Matt

Really cool to hear this with just drums and bass. Thanks for posting this man.

You going to Russian Circles and Boris tonight?
  8. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    I'll look into the link for Hail make sure it's all kosher.

Recording signal was TRP Bass into an Aguilar AG500 and Bergantino NV610

Gain was from the AG500, I used a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard + Moog Murf + Moog SD-104 Delay (with EHX Memory boy in the loop) for the "lead" in worship

There is also a little bit of Freqbox swelling just before the big outro that I almost forgot about. (in retrospect that may or may not have been done after the initial bass takes...it's on the album I can't recall if it's on this or not)

If you get Hail working that is 95% AG500 Gain, and then Freqbox + SD-104 for random overdubs in the last section.

I might, I don't really have plans and frankly forgot they were playing tonight. Thanks for the reminder!
  9. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Deluge, I just downloaded Hail myself and it worked fine...I'm not quite sure how to help alleviate this problem. Perhaps just try to download it again? Sorry man.
  10. chrisisnotevil

chrisisnotevil

Looking forward to getting the album, nice one!
  11. nayisthereason

nayisthereason

sick, i love both bongripper and castevet! good sh*t man!
    topshelf recs!!!
  12. Smokin' Toaster

Smokin' Toaster

I like the title. It makes me think of happy little bunnies.

[​IMG]
  13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound

Still not working... I'll try switching to another computer after work.

Thanks for the rig info.
  14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Got the digital copy this morning. Kick ass stuff dude! Very catchy and groove filled riffs throughout, and they all are pretty damn heavy. You guy's production and quality of sound still amazes me.

I enjoy the riff based sound a lot, but I did more than love the atmospheric sounds and terror inducing feedback and chaos of your earlier records just as much. This record is way more straight forward doom rather than spacey and open like some of the others. It's a nice change of pace though. Worship is prolly my favorite track so far.

But I gots a question. Ever since you guys uploaded all your stuff to your bandcamp page, I've been listening to the other stuff that I don't have (Meat Ditch, Heroin, The Great Barrier Reefer) pretty much non stop. Its goddamn kick ass music guys! You should really make it available for digital download or something though, so i can listen to it in my favorite Bongripper listening place, which happens to be where ever I am. :p

Oh, and whats this from:
  15. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Thanks Joe, we tried to make a more straightforward riff based record this time around...not so much improvised noise and drone....we'll probably get lazy and start that up again soon though!

Our guitarist Dennis does all our recordings so I'll let him know his work is being appreciated by people listening to the records too haha.

I know we are trying to get GBR up for digital download but it's tricky since the file is so big, I think we are going to have to break down and cut it up into a few tracks so we can fit it on bandcamp.

As for Heroin and Meatditch. Those are our more random releases, you can definitely find them available for download easily on blogs (hell I downloaded meatditch when I lost it off my hard drive).

Maybe one of these days we'll make them offical downloads or whatever, but for now enjoy as it.

I think we also will be putting up this dark ambient track we did earlier this year and never released called "Glaciers" pretty soon...a big departure from our regular material, but very spacey and creepy.

As for that youtube link, that was a cut song that we were working on for SWD for awhile, we opted to not record it because we weren't happy with how it was turning out...I think the last riff ended up as most of "Doom" though.

But yeah, we played Hail that night too, but for some reason the song we didn't really like found it's way to the internet.
  16. rulyøngo

rulyøngo

Nice!!! This is the best way for us bassists to listen to songs... without the annoying guitars...:):)
  17. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Haha, thanks - but to be fair in bongripper our guitarists tune a half step above standard bass tuning.

So we got like 3 basses playing when you think about it...
  18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Creepy and spacey? I'm cool with that. :)

But after listening to the new album throughout parts of the day, I would like to commend you guys on a highly listenable and enjoyable doom release. It ****ing kicks ass! My roommate (a guitarist addicted to Alter Bridge and Bullet For My Valentine; not so much on doom), even commented on the bad ass heavy sounds. It will definitely be crammed into as many of my friends ears as I know.

I also found Heroin and Meat Ditch download links fairly easily through google, I just feel guilty not paying for them ya know?

Oh and tour?
  19. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound

Tour's probably not likely-IIRC one of them is in med school.

Anyone feel like re-upping the Hail file and PM'ing me? the link's still AWOL.
  20. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

listening to hail right now.
    awesome!
    bass could be a bit louder heh...
  21. Ron Now

Disclosures:
    No worries, most people download our stuff anyways. Also those releases were both released in limited quantities (I think under 100 copies exist of each). So if you didn't get a real one, I can't blame you for downloading.

That's actually Castevet who has a member in med school...Bongripper, well we are just kind of lazy when it comes to booking more than a weekend. One of these days (hopefully soon) we will be Touring.