1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

BOSS CS-3 noise question ~

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joe Louvar, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

A few weeks ago I bought a used/secondhand BOSS CS-3, and recently I bought a BOSS model ACA120 power wart/supply for it. The CS-3 compressor/sustainer is quiet when operating on battery power - however, its really noisy when powering with the ACA120 power supply.

My question: Is this normal, or is it possible I bought a defective CS-3?

Thanks,
    Joe
  2. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hmm. 55 Views. Doesn't anyone know?

Also is there another compressor/sustainer that sounds like the BOSS CS-3, but that's quieter when operating on its power supply - and maybe in a tiny 5090A size?
  3. boomertech

boomertech Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    If you are happy with the pedal on battery, then I suggest trying other power supplies.

-Frank
  4. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hmm the BOSS ACA-120 power wart is recommend by BOSS and its works okay (quiet) with my other BOSS effects - but okay, I'll take it to a music store and try some other power supplies. Thanks Frank

Does anyone have a BOSS CS-3 that you can test to see if your CS-3 does the same thing or not? Thanks
  5. metaball

metaball

mine was kinda noisy stock w/ battery or power supply, so i got the MA mod done on it which eliminated that problem.

might be a bum wall wart. mine worked fine with PP2+ & BBE Supacharger. might try a Onespot.