1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ghostrider, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider

Any opinions? And any good tones out of it?
  2. SGbassist

SGbassist

Not me. Sucks out the subtle tone from my bass and my preamp. Adds a very 'cheap' timbre to the tone to me. Output sounds like a cheap bass. Just my personal feedback.
  3. ghostrider

ghostrider

Personal opinion is appreciated.
  4. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

I haven't found it to be quite so displeasing - for the price it is a very powerful EQ pedal. But YMMV, I only using mine to drop the signal of hot outputs when switching between basses, not for radical tone shaping.
  5. winterburn69

winterburn69

I'll have an opinion after this weekend. Picking mine up this Saturday, $60, semi-locally. I'm excited.
  6. icecycle66

icecycle66

I like mine.
    I shape the tone just s smidge on the low end and high end. It adds a beefy throatyness. I leave it on all the time, it's never off.
  7. TwinBass

TwinBass

I pretty much just use mine for a little mid boost right before my envelope filter. It's not a half bad little EQ, and can be found for cheap.
  8. bassbrad

bassbrad

I use an older GE7B that has different EQ points and find it a useful tool. It's mainly used to dial in my preferred fretless tone and add a touch of boost the even it out to my other bass.
  9. ghostrider

ghostrider

Sweet. Well I have a model from 2002 and it's a very adaptable little EQ pedal for a good price. I use mine to boost low mids and a little treble for punch.
  10. TravTrav

TravTrav Supporting Member