1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Boss GT-10B Display problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mdorren, Jun 21, 2013.

1. mdorren

mdorren

Hi,
    The display on my floorboard is blank.... illuminated... but blank. There was no warning that this was going to happen and I can get by for now with the bank numbers and pedal lights, but I was wondering if this ever came up for anyone else.

I can't back up my programs via usb or midi because I'd have to put it in advanced mode (I have no dedicated midi interface hooked up)

...Nor can I even do a factory reset or firmware reset without the display.... a little frustrating.

Thanks,
    Marty

2. billgwx

billgwx Supporting Member

Could it be that the display contrast somehow got knocked out of whack? You might be able to figure out the button/dial sequence for that or a factory reset via the user manual at <http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/GT-10B_OM.pdf>. I'll check into those tonight as well and can pass along to you Sunday or Monday.

3. mdorren

mdorren

That was my first impression too. I would have expected some variance when making adjustments though. It would be great if it were that. I've decided that a reset would be a last resort. I've put a lot of time into my presets. I don't mind doing it again mind you, but if the reset did NOT fix it, I'd really be in trouble. Thanks for reaching out

4. billgwx

billgwx Supporting Member

You might want to ask this same question to the main GT-10B thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/boss-gt-10b-part-2-a-837373

I understand the deal about putting a lot of time into patches, especially if you can't recover them in a situation like this. This is almost enough to make me not only back them up via USB but to write everything down!

You can get to the LCD contrast blindly by powering up, pressing the System button, pressing the right-hand button on the dial 8x, pressing Enter, then turning the dial hard to the left to get maximum contrast, then pressing Exit 2x.

If that doesn't work and you resort to doing a factory reset, you can do it blindly by powering up again, pressing the System button, pressing the right-hand button on the dial 13x, then pressing Enter 2x.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mdorren

mdorren

Thanks.. I'll let you know... Great info!

7. mdorren

mdorren

Sadly... it didn't work... my hopes were high. My best option now would be to get a midi interface for my computer, use the librarian to get my patches and do a reset.... if that doesn't work, I'll at least have my patches while I send it out to be repaired. Thanks again for all your help.
    Marty