boss gt 10b patches required

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by c_reigo, Apr 12, 2014.

1. c_reigo

c_reigo

Hi everyone,pls advise me where I can find good patches to download for my gt 10B, Thanks. if anyone can provide your settings for bass tone for genres of music like blues, rock , country rock...My band plays in pubs, clubs, corporate & private gatherings, hence our song list consists of different genres of music...my favourite is BLUES & ROCK.
  2. angryclown5

angryclown5

I have a Boss GT-6B and I have created a few patches that combine chorus, delay, reverb, and overdrive in various combinations, but I only use those for solo playing. When I'm playing regular meat and potatoes bass with a band my setting is ***BYPASS***.
  3. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I don't have a Boss unit, but I do have other multi-effect units. A good place to start to make your own is to bypass all effects....then start with the basics. If you are going direct, you'll want to use one of the amp simulations (an Ampeg SVT for rock, etc.), then add effects sparingly. Add compression, a little eq and you are set. Then take your a basic tone and add variations that include other effects. For example, your rock tone + a chorus effect added. If you have a nice amp, just skip the amp simulator step, but do the others.

As someone with a lot of experience using multi effects live I can tell you that the two mistakes that a lot of people make are to go overboard with the number and levels of the effects, and to use too many different tones--and that makes it very difficulty for a sound engineer to eq you correctly. They'll get frustrated with either one, and just bury you in the mix.
  4. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Oh, and if you are just looking for sounds to fool around with, go to the site guitareffects.com and click on effect units at the top of the screen, then choose the unit that you want.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Sorry the site is guitarpatches.com
  7. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    I have a variety of Boss GT-10B patches and sound clips shared on my effects pages. See link below.
  8. SoCalBassman

SoCalBassman

9. c_reigo

c_reigo

Thank you .
  10. c_reigo

c_reigo

Hi tnks for your suggestions and I'm seriously looking for some patches that would help me in my sound, I've a Bass amp (It's an AMPEG BA 115), guitar that I'm using is a Ibanez BTB 205 almost 7-8 years old (made in Indonesia), looking for a guitar upgrade, your suggestion will really help me (my interest is in Yamaha BB 2024/2024x , 2025 /2025x 5 string or RBX 375 or TRBX 505) pls let me know your choice whether its fender, yamaha etc...

Boss Gt 10b was recently purchased and with an intention of having all effects in one pedal board at my disposal and use whatever/whenever required...I like my sound to be uncomplicated but yet powerful & soothing to the ear.

Look forward to your valuable feedback.
  11. c_reigo

c_reigo

hey tnks and f.y.k.i. yours was the 1st few patches that I've found & downloaded and working with the same.
  12. c_reigo

c_reigo

hey tnks and I've got this downloaded a week ago & i'm working with this to get my desired tone and I guess time will tell.
  13. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

One thing that I've found that often makes or breaks a good live tone with a multi-effect, is the wet/dry blend. Set a sound that you like, then add in a clean signal. If you think that it sounds good at bedroom levels, add another 10 to 20% clean signal for your live volume setting. In other words, less is more.

By the way, this is also true with a guitar player and distortion pedals....what sounds good at bedroom levels is too mushy live. If a guitar player backs off the gain about 10 to 20% it sounds much better at gig volumes.
  14. c_reigo

c_reigo

Tnks and pls let me know what (brand) of guitars i should look at before making my final decision.