Boss GT-10B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassBus, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BassBus

BassBus

Does anyone have the low down on this yet. From the video demo on the Roland site it doesn't seem to sound any better than my Zoom B2.1u.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Media:
    The video demo is all I've seen of it thus far. And what an awful video it is :D I do like the appearance of its UI far more than the GT-6B- the four knob adjustments located below the digital images of them is nice. I can't imagine it'll sound that different than the existing Boss effects, as these pedals are generally representations of those pedals in multi-fx format and usually don't bring much new to the table. The ones they do are usually pretty weird- my old GT-6B had the "Sweet Emotion" patch where every time I plucked a note, it would play the same riff from Sweet Emotion afterwards in a relative key. Who the hell would want that? :p
  3. BassBus

BassBus

I know some players have talked of the GT-6B being difficult to get into and program which may have been improved with the new display and the four knobs. The video was not the best I've seen. The presenter was just a bit OTT to say the least and it didn't really tell you much about the box.
  4. Unlord

Unlord

I'd like to see some first hand review from an actual user. The thing looks nice, but I can hardly imagine it sounds any different from the GT-6B. I hope they stripped the useless stuff from it like that dorky sweet emotion riff and the auto slap. Hopefully they also upgraded the wah a bit :rollno:
  5. ovialexm

ovialexm

does anybody know if this box has good drums inside? what about GT-6B has drums inside? never tried. I am thinking to buy a drum machine like Dr-880 but if this processor (GT-10B) has some good drums i will buy this and used drums too...what do you think guys?
    thanks
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    The GT-6B didn't have any drums (at least I never found any :p).
  7. depalm

depalm Supporting Member

No, it doesn't. I tried a Digitech once that come with drum sounds but I found it very lame.
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    Even the DR-880 has some pretty awful presets/sounds. I imagine if they were to fit some aspect of the Boss drum machines in there, they'd probably be some of the more generic, not-so-great presets. If they were to come out with another Roland V-Bass that had some of the Roland V-drums or HPD-15 sounds in them, it'd be a different story.
  9. ovialexm

ovialexm

so do you mean the Roland V-Bass has both (drums and efect) in one? like Dr-880 and GT10B in one? If there is this kind of machine I will buy it qick.
    anybody knows if Roland will reliese a new Roland V-Bass?
    tx
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    No, I don't think the V-bass has any drums. What I was saying is that if Boss were to put drums on one of their bass multieffects, it would probably be from the cheaper Boss drum machine lines, while their parent company Roland has a far better set of drum sounds/presets they could put on a more expensive unit like the V-bass, although I doubt they'd do either.
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    You may want to look at the Roger Linn AdrenaLinn pedals- they contain both effects and drums. I've never tried them myself, but it can't hurt for you to research them.
  12. BassBus

BassBus

I recently bought the Boss RC-50 Loop Station and that has some pretty good drum sounds, better than my Zoom.
  13. ovialexm

ovialexm

so I guess your answer is that I cannot find something similar like DR-808 and GT-10B in only one box...so bad...
    please tell me more about GT-10B if you have experiance...if not tell me about GT-8B because I never used a procesor. is it good for the money. did u use it for recording or for live.
    tx
  14. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    No one's used the GT-10B yet- it's not for sale yet, and the full specs aren't even on the Boss site yet. There's no GT-8B, so I assume you mean the GT-6B. Lots of people here have owned/used those- do a search and you'll find lots of info on them.
  15. thehangingmist

thehangingmist

i would never buy and rate a multi fx box on how good or bad the factory presets are
  16. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    Did anyone say they would? :eyebrow:
  17. ovialexm

ovialexm

thank you for your help...yes I asked about GT-6B...thank you...what drum machine do you use for practice? I am thinking of Dr-880 but I don't think I need so complicate box. I need just a few rhytms so I can practice. What do you suggest?tx
  18. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    I don't use an actual drum machine really- if I want to practice with a beat other than one I make myself with my looper, I use either use a Dr. Beat metronome or the presets in my Roland HPD-15 percussion machine (sort of like the V-drums for percussion).
  19. ovialexm

ovialexm

any experiance with Alesis SR-16?
  20. Bryan R. Tyler

Media:
    I don't, but it's an old standby. There's about a zillion of them out there.