1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss Gt-6b/Spector Euro5/Aguilar problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eottman, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Eottman

Eottman

I just purchased a Spector Euro5 with an Aguilar OBP1 preamp (used) and I'm having trouble making it play nice with my Boss GT-6B effects pedal. When I plug the bass in, the pedal does not respond to commands such as patch changes, tuner on/off, etc. unplugging the bass makes the problem go away. I went to Boss (Roland), Spector, and Aguilar with the problem and they're stumped, as is everyone I've mentioned this to locally. I have tried:

--a different bass (my Modulus Q5, which performs normally)
    --a different amp (my GK110-no change)
    --a different cord (no change)
    --a different configuration (bass-->GT-6b-->amp, and
    bass-->amp-->effects send/return-no change)

I have noticed that the signal frpm the Spector bass is much hotter than the Modulus, but the problem still occurs (with the Spector) when there is no signal, i.e the strings are silent because I have my hand on 'em.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Thud

Thud

I play a few different basses (active and passive) thru a Audio Technica wireless> gt6b>Sansamp RBI>QSC PLX1202>2x10 and 1x15 Eden cabs. Worked great for quite a while then lots of noise. the gt6b was acting funny. The sansamp even had noise. Tried one thing at a time. Different amps, basses, cords, etc. A friend suggested a power conditioner. The rest is history. The Furman M-8LX worked like a charm. The whole band plugs into it at rehearsals and gigs and so far so good no problems at all. Nice and quiet except for the power amp fans.
  3. gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman Supporting Member

Try a pedal between the bass and GT-6B, like an EQ or something with an active buffer.