1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

BOSS GT-6B vs Line 6 BASS POD XT

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by boarderbassist1, Nov 11, 2012.

1. boarderbassist1

boarderbassist1

Hi i am considering purchasing a multi effects unit and my two competitors are the BOSS GT-6B and the Line 6 BASS POD XT. i'd like to know the pro's and con's for each, which is more bang for your buck and which one would best suit a bassist who likes to slap, play funk and lay down a great groove. :hyper: Artists like: RHCP, Stevie Wonder, Victor Wooten or Jaco.:bassist:

2. Zitch

Zitch Don't Slap the Cheesecake! Supporting Member

Media:
    I use a Boss ME50b and love it for slap, dial in the bass driver on it just right and it dominates IMO. I know its not one of your choices but its brand related.

3. boarderbassist1

boarderbassist1

thankyou, will check it out.

4. mgalat

mgalat Supporting Member

I know it's not completely helpful, but Victor Wooten used a GT-6B up until the 10b came out.

I haven't used the Line 6 stuff, but I have been very pleased with the GT-10b that I own.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jefkritz

jefkritz

Media:
    Albums:
    i dig my gt-6b. i especially like the octave (by itself or paired with touch wah and/or fuzz). plus the looper is a lot of fun.

it's nice having pedals to change the effects. the interface is a bit daunting, but that's because you can make it do pretty much anything once you learn enough.

more importantly though, the gt-6b is a great way to learn about effects. i no longer use mine, but that's because i know what i like, and i've started buying individual pedals that do those sounds better than any multi-effect could ever do them. this point will apply to any multi-effect, including any pod (which i've never actually played)

7. bill reed

bill reed

have a look at the line 6 pod x3 as it comes with all the bass packs, i think it better than the pod xt. it has a lot more bass downloads on the line 6 site too. there are over three pagers of downloads. i think the pod x3 is really good for the bass and you also get line 6 pod farm 2.5 for the computer too.

8. PsychoG

PsychoG

I have the GT-10B and have the Line 6 POD HD 500 for guitar. The 10B is okay, but I prefer Line 6's modeling. Plus, Line 6 has a much better toolset for managing your POD directly from your computer. This makes it very easy to experiment with different effects without having to do it directly on the unit itself (I assume, but don't know for certain, that the bass pod uses a similar management tool).