Boss line selector pedalchain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowtom, Feb 9, 2014.

1. lowtom

lowtom

I heard some people would never do their pedalboard without a signal splitter or line selector. I have no experience with that.

My question is. Would you hear a difference (without adjusting the volume) if for example one chain are just pedals like autowah, synth or delay and the other chain would be distortion etc.

In other words. Is it a usefull tool, just to split the chain in two seperate ones, do minimize the noise caused by the length of the pedal chain?

Or is it just a useful tool the typical way. To be able to play two sperate amps or adjust the volume for each pedal chain.

Thanks.

2. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

the biggest reason we love the LS-2 is you have a volume control for each loop so you can mix their signal together however you want.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The point is to blend the clean (dry, UNeffected) signal with the effects output, so you hear some of your original signal mixed in. This can improve clarity, naturalness, low end, etc. But it doesn't work equally well with all effects. Sometimes blending causes signal cancellation or muddiness. You have to experiment to find out how it will work with whatever specific pedals you have. There are no rules about which types of effects will blend well or badly.
    No, it is not for minimizing noise, ever.
    Yes, you can use the line selector as a Y splitter or A/B switcher too.

4. lowtom

lowtom

5. Register to disable this ad