Boss Ls-2 with Compressor and Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Godinho_EURO6LX, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Hey guys

I read somewhere that placing an LS-2 before the Sansamp BDDI effects it tone because of the buffered signal from the Ls-2

Is this true?? And also how will a Compressor work with the Ls-2

Should i place it before the Ls-2 or in the loop of the Ls-2 or after the Ls-2?
  2. taurus1

taurus1

depends what's in the LS-2 as to how it will act with a comp in front, only way to truly know is to experiment.
    I use a BDDI and two LS-2's in my rig, the BDDI has never caused me issues no matter where I place it.
    only certain fuzz pedals seem sensitive to having buffers in front of them,
  3. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

I have a Synth and octave pedal after the compressor.

Which helps it track better, So do i place the compressor synth and octave in loop A of the Ls-2 as i planned to put just the Fuzz ,Chorus and Delay in Loop A and use A+B mix for a Dry signal with them.

Also any idea how the FX send and return of the BDDI works

can i save an effect in the presets?
  4. taurus1

taurus1

I wouldn't put the fuzz in a loop because fuzz pedals usually don't like buffers. I'd go fuzz, compressor, LS-2....

I've never seen a BDDI with an effects loop or presets, are you sure it's a BDDI?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Its a BDDI Deluxe. And ive seen people talkin about placing dirt pedals in the A loop of the LS-2 and leaving B blank and using the MODE A+B to mix a dry signal with the Fuzz.

I dont if i should place the Compressor,Synth and Octave in the Loop as well
  7. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    The FX loop send is post SansAmp circuitry and level control.

The FX loop can be stored in any preset or you can use it manually. It will retain the last setting used however. For instance, if you have the loop programmed into say preset 1 and turn off the fx loop while in that preset, the next time you engage that preset the efx loop will be off. You would have to re-engage the FX loop before you changed presets or turned off the preset to keep the same setting.
  8. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

+1