Boss LS-2 with wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nicc, Apr 10, 2014.

1. nicc

nicc

Is there any benefit to using the ls2 and having a Morley wah boost and then is it blending the wah into a clean signal when using fuzz/distortion with it.. I'm new to using effects and does this make sense? Somebody want to correct me to the right set up?
  2. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

Try every permutation. Every option will be different and offer a different tone. All worth it for you to figure out on your own. Are you ok with math?
  3. nicc

nicc

Yeah thats true but then again im not sure how to set up the signal chain to seperate the wah with the ls2 and yes id say im not too bad at math?
  4. TurkeypillSLEEP

TurkeypillSLEEP

Are you trying to use the LS-2 as an effect loop with fuzz/wah? You could do that and blend that signal with a clean signal using the LS-2 I think. I don't know why you would do it that way, but who am I to judge? Just experiment and have fun.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

If you want to blend your wah with your
    clean signal, set the LS-2 to A+B Mix/Bypass (second last setting) with your wah in one loop and nothing in the other loop. Then adjust the levels with the knobs.
    crguti likes this.
  7. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

If you just wanted to use the ls2 to trigger the wah on and off you could hook the wah up to a loop. If its hooked up to loop a for example use a/bypass BUT this will not work as a blend it'll act as a volume. In order to use the ls2 as a blend you'll have to use a+b/bypass mode, hook the wah to one loop and just connect both ends of another cable into the send and return of the other loop.
  8. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

You don't even need to connect a cable at all in the B loop to blend with the LS-2. If you leave B empty, it automatically blends in clean.

BTW - I have a wah in the loop of my LS-2 along with several other pedals. Although I don't use it for blending, I use it in A/Bypass mode just as a loop. But the concept is the same, and I could blend it by just changing the mode knob to A+B/Bypass.