1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss LS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SonOfDelorian, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

Hey Guys,

Was wondering with the Boss LS-2 can you run both channels through the same amp to get the clean & distortion or do you have to have two amps running to get this working?
  2. Satyrnine

Satyrnine Supporting Member

You can do a million things with the LS-2, but yes, you can blend both loops and run them into a single amp. I do it every day with great results. It will never leave my board, in fact I'm thinking about getting a second.
  3. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

How do you wire it up to one amp like for clean & distortion?
  4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

you mix/blend the clean and distorted in the LS2 then send to amp. But it can also split you signal to two amps if needed.
  5. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Do you want clean>distortion or clean>distortion with clean blended in?
  6. Satyrnine

Satyrnine Supporting Member

The LS-2 has six jacks.

To do what you want to do, hook it up like so:

In - (You bass)
    Out - (To your amp)
    Loop A Send (to dirt pedals)
    Loop A Return (from dirt pedals)
    Loop B Send (unused, or pedals that are bypassed)
    Loop B Return (unused, or pedals that are bypassed)

Set the selector to A+B Mix, use the level knobs for each loop to blend clean loop with dirty loop.

Voila.

I have pedals in both loops, because sometimes I like to blend say a fuzz with OD. Just turn all pedals in a loop off to make it a "clean" loop, or just don't use the loop at all, which automatically connects send to receive for that loop internally.
  7. SonOfDelorian

SonOfDelorian

I'm after Clean & Distortion and then another pedal that can switch to all my other pedals. For example I'm running Tuner > EQ > Phase (to be replaced with LS-2) > Delay > Overdrive > Fuzz > Octave > I just want a one button switch to turn on the channel that has the overdrive fuzz and octave on.