Boss LS2 - line selector or blender?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thefruitfarmer, Feb 24, 2013.

1. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Can this blend your dry signal with that of several pedals in a loop?

It seems like it just selects loop A or loop B....with the volumes for the level of each loop....when loop A or loop B is engaged then the dry signal drops out...
  2. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

I used to run my unprocessed signal through A. Then my processed signal thru B. I would put it in A+B mode and blend the signal outputs from there. Works well with distortion and other effects.
  3. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Thanks..

I have a Boss DS1, an Electro Harmonix Q-tron plus and Micro Pog (which has two outputs)....

What I want to do is to find a way to turn them all on at one time and blend that signal in with the dry bass...

Seems like it is going to be a bit more tricky that I thought!
  4. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

You can toggle between A+B (with A being effects and B being dry) and bypass...so they could all be set to on, so when you switch from Bypass to A+B, you suddenly have all-on, and that is blended with your dry.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

It has modes where it will just select one loop or the other, and it has a mode where it will select both at the same time.

AB mix mode will toggle between bypass and both loops active simultaneously. If one loop is empty it will act as a clean blend.

All of the other modes are different ways to select between loops, or as an ABC box with no effects loops..
  7. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

I have got it now....

I have put in A+B / bypass mode, with the effects in the loop A.

Like this volume A will control the relative volume of the effects and volume B will control the relative volume of the dry signal. So, it will blend one signal with another. This is working with the instrument plugged in to the input and the output going to the amp....so I can now do what I want and toggle between the dry signal and a dry signal blended with effects in a loop.

Problem solved.

I was confused in thinking that pedal had two loops which could then each be independently blended with the dry signal.
  8. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

A great and versatile utility pedal.
  9. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

It's got me where I need to be, and there is plenty more you can do with it.
  10. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

I have to say I'm surprised this pedal isn't being hyped up more among distorted bass fanatics. It's the great equalizer that really open's up a world of new possibilities.
  11. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member