1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

BOSS ME8B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 23, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

hey! someone in town is offering me a BOSS ME-8B... the yeelow and black multi effect...

and i readed here that it has exelente filters, whas, dists, and synths.... is it THAT good?

also what abput the other effect? are they good? were can i find technical info on the unit? the manual for example...

thancks!

2. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

hey man, the manual is on the website, but i ahve the pdfs myself for anyone who wants them...if you PM me your email address i'll send on your way asap. i havent spent too much time on them personally but stuart zender who was teh bassist in jamiroquai used a me-6b and then the me-8b in his live rig for a while, and also in a bunch of recordings but he also used other single pedals, but apparently the synths in their songs are from the me-8b

i find it pretty nice and warm, but not as crazy and "wet" as the expensive units but they're really affordable here in teh states

3. Minger

Minger

I've heard its really good as well, but I wouldn't expect too much from a manual from Boss. From What I've heard about them, they never really included manuals...

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

i found the manual.... though it doesnt give me that much info...

ill have to try it myself....

any coment on it? or any thong i should consider when trying it out?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bobbykokinos

bobbykokinos

Dont want to hijack the thread but I have a GT-6B but also have a line on a ME-8B for a great price. Will the GT-6B doing things the ME-8B wont do?? Basically would it be a waste to have both??

Ive heard great things about the ME-8B but I've also heard the GT-6B is all of the effects rolled up in one package.

7. dadodetres

dadodetres

ok, i went to try it out...... they guy had a crappy amp, made by some electronic store here..... so actually i couldnt try out the effect cause everythig sounded horrible.....

but the synth seemed to respond late, as if the tracking was way poor..... dont know it this is comon on all ME8B`s but this was not usable....

anyway i think i brought to much gear in the last month and since tommorrow is coming my LS-2 and my7 pedalboard i will put everything together at last!

and since i dont NEED the synth ill wait until i have mastered the board or until i NEED one....

8. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Really? The tracking was BAD on the ME-8B? Nah...I've played one. Boss's new Synths really do suck tracking wise, but there's no way the ME-8B did. Listen to Stuart Zender playing through one at www.mtey.com and some of the Jamiroquai bootlegs there i.e. before Nick Fyffe joined the band. The ME-8B is the best Multi FX pedal Boss have ever made...I've owned the ME-50B...sucked, and the GT-6B was waaayy too digital junky for my liking. Hate Multi HX pedals, but the ME-8B is brilliant.

9. dadodetres

dadodetres

im a big jamiruquai fan (well, not THAT big, but i dig zenders bass playing) and i looked at the me8b for this reason...

maybe i did a poor tracking cause the input was to big, or the setting were extreme, or something else.... cause the amp was way bad and i couldnt sound decent....

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

The ME-8B was nice back then but the AX-1B burries it alive.

11. dadodetres

dadodetres

:) yep!

my LS-2 is coming tommorrow!

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Hey, someone is offering me this pedal board for $125. I had been thinking of getting the ME-50B, can anyone compare them for me? And can someone PM me a manual if possible? Should I jump on this?

13. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

14. patrickj

patrickj

I had an ME-6b that I got years of use out of. 8b was very similar (upgrade over the 6b) so you can't go wrong. Just don't go effects / parameter crazy.

15. dadodetres

dadodetres

for what i readed in the forum the me8b y way better than the me-50b, but i cant really tell, i never tired the me50b and if you read my post i coplnd tried the 6b with desent equipment

16. bobbykokinos

bobbykokinos

I have the ME-8B (just got it today), the GT-6B, and use to own the ME-50B.. All have their strength and weaknesses.

So far, in testing the 8B, I feel that it doesnt thin out the bass sound as much as the 6B and 50B do. There are definantly more synth options and I do feel as if it tracks the synth better. The GT-6B is definantly good because of its programmability. You have options out the wazoo. ME-50B is cool because of the array of knobs and adjustments on the fly.

It really comes down to how much you want to spend. You can't go wrong with the ME-8B. Its a no frills, good sounding board. Small enough to carry around easily but big enough to hit the pedals without changing anything else. You really cant change parameters on the fly with it. But once you get your sound dialed it, its not really a worry.

$125 is about average price. I got mine on ebay for $100 shipped..

17. nottswarwick

nottswarwick

Anyone know what the difference between the me-8b and me-6b is?