1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

BOSS PSA-120S OR BOSS PSA-120T

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fangofdoom, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Fangofdoom

Fangofdoom

I'd like to know wich adapter should I choose; I only use boss pedals. I've read in reviews that the psa-120s doesn't last and I don't really know anything about the psa-120t. So wich should I choose?
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The "S" is their new switch-mode supply, I'd be surprised if it's been out long enough to have reliable reviews. The "T" is their traditional transformer supply, people have been using them for decades. Personally I have had mixed results with switch-mode supplies, but they work great for many people.
  3. Fangofdoom

Fangofdoom

4. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Bumping this zombie thread to see if there have been any more current (ha! no pun intended) experiences with the PSA-120S, especially in applications where it would replace a PSA-120T.

The PSA-120T from my PSM-5 just died, and while I'm tempted to use this opportunity to get a more advanced, comprehensive loop bypass switcher, I wouldn't mind having a fully functional PSM-5 in the interim.

Anyone successfully used the newer PSA-120S with ~10-20 year old BOSS pedals?

Thanks.
  5. taurus1

taurus1

I've had two for a few years, they work great with old Boss pedals.
    I rehoused one into a Hammond box because the cable frayed at the base of the wall wart, which happens to any power supply.