1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Boss RC-2 noise issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KayBass, Jan 18, 2014.

1. KayBass

KayBass

I just started using my Boss RC-2 for use on some duo gigs I have coming up in the next couple of months. The problem is, the more layers I add, the more 'feedback' I get. The first layer is only a faint hiss, but by the third, it gets to the point that I worry about damaging my cab and/or amp..

The signal goes active Schecter --> Boss RC-2 --> GK 700RB II -->Ampeg 610 Hlf

Any ideas?

2. KayBass

KayBass

3. GregBEL

GregBEL

Odd... I've been using a RC-2 for a couple of years now and I've never had any such problems. I do have it in the very back of my signal chain to avoid any unwanted effects, but so do you. Have you tried testing with some of the volume on your bass dialled back? Just to check...

4. KayBass

KayBass

I have, and it doesn't affect it.. That's why I'm wondering if there's an issue with the pedal.. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I only use the AUTO function...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GregBEL

GregBEL

Hmm. I usually use the other mode, but I don't recall any problems in auto. How about the level of the loop: you have it set on max?

Mine's about midway for the loop to be more or less the same volume as my dry signal... but depends on your signal ofcourse.

7. KayBass

KayBass

It never goes beyond 12 o'clock.. I've had it as low as 9 o'clock and still had the problem..

8. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

Mine have never done that - neither the 2 nor the 3. Something is up and I would get it checked out.

9. KayBass

KayBass

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll get it looked at asap