1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss RC-3 question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Landy67, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Landy67

Landy67 Supporting Member

Hi all,

I have a question about recording using a Boss RC-3. I connected it to the effects loop on my GB Streamliner 600 so I would get the equalization from the pre-amp. It does a great job looping, but when I try to use the WAV files it creates, the volume is so low that I can barely hear what I'm playing.

If I copy a WAV file that I convert from an MP3, the volume sounds fine going through the amp for overdubbing, but I can't hear it playing the WAV afterwards.

What am I doing wrong?
  2. Landy67

Oh yea, I forgot to mention... I have tried recording with the pre-amp volume all the way up, and the master turned down, and the master all the way up and the pre-amp volume turned down and it doesn't make a difference. I'm really hoping that I'm not going to have to turn the amp up to "sonic-death-ray" to be able to hear a simple recording.
  3. Landy67

OK, I figured it out, and it's totally lame!

If you want to record something with the RC-3 that you can use with anything but an amplifier, you have to connect the effects loop out to the AUX in on the pedal. Then when you record, you get something loud enough to hear with an MP3 player.

I'm not really happy with the quality of the recording.
  4. jungleheat

jungleheat

But why do you need a looper for recording? Why not just record a pass, then record other passes over it, directly onto your recording device (presumably a computer running ProTools, etc...)?
  5. Landy67

That's getting right to the source of the problem! I don't own any recording devices. I was hoping that the saved WAV files looper was going to be usable.
  6. Etienned

Etienned

A Trs adaptor (1/4 mono jack to 1/8 mini jack) can be used to take the line out or DI out (not speaker out) of your amp to the line in of your computer. Sound quality is often better than you would expect with a few tweak.