1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss RV-2 vs RV-3 for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by torza, Jul 15, 2013.

1. torza

torza

Hey all. Anyone have experience with these two pedals? Which do you think compliments the lower frequencies of BASS better? Thanks!
  2. necropain

necropain

soo i happen to use an RV-3 and it works pretty well to compliment the low end BUT the RV-2 hold low end better and is also a much darker reverb. me i use the RV-3 for playing higher up on the neck and making ambient sounds. but i also plan on getting an RV-2 aswell eventually. mainly because its does the long deep reverb better
  3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

I've owned both and stuck with the RV-3 both for the versatility and because I had it modded with the hi-cut switch for darker repeats if I want. The reverb is darker on the RV-2 overall but I feel the RV-3 has a greater range. They both work great but I really dig the plate on the RV-3 for those spaced out jam sessions!
  4. torza

torza

Thanks for the feedback guys! Necrofabe, darker definitely sounds more appealing. :)

Sillyfabe, what is the difference in the plate on the Rv3 and Rv2?
  5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

I had the RV-3 for a few months and found it worked well on bass. I ended up selling it because I didn't really have a need for delay on bass and found the pedal's tone a little cold, but that's me.
  6. sillyfabe

The plate setting on the RV-2 had less shine to it if that makes sense. The RV-3 seems to have a much bigger plate as well.
  7. torza

torza

Yeah the plate thing sounds insane from the video. The rv2 is just darker and not as long?
  8. sillyfabe

Correct. Also the RV-3's plate seemed more multi-dimensional
  9. torza

torza

Wish there were some vids of bass demos on these things
  10. torza

torza

this video makes the RV3 sound really REALLY rad.
  11. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

12. torza

torza

thanks skullet. yeah i heard the isis guy uses this along with the ps3(?). i'm surprised there aren't many rv2 samples anywhere. i guess because it's harder to find? or is the rv3 just better for bass?