1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss rv3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bearstripes, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Bearstripes

Bearstripes

Ok so... I've seen this on a lot I bass players boards and I personally own one but have never really thought it shined in bass. So my question is, what am I missing?
  2. Bearstripes

Bearstripes

Bump for the am
  3. Dazonbass

Dazonbass

I had the same feeling about the RV-5, but for me the RV-3 was way better. I like how the wet/dry mix and that it doubles as a delay. Think that is the main reason to have it, as a reverb and delay in one pedal instead of two. There are obviously better reverb pedals, but IMO the RV-3 is pretty good, and that is coming from some one that doesn't like a lot of Boss pedals. Another thing I like about it is that it is buffered, because I like to start and end my pedal boards with a buffer.

I am a lot happy with mine because I rehoused it to be top mounted.

Also to note is that there are some mod that can be done, but I don't have much info on them.
  4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

The RV-3 is one of the very few pedals that I really hated on bass... cold and lifeless, IMO. Did work much better on guitar (again IMO), but eventually sold it to get a Marshall Echohead.
  5. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

Jeff Caxide of Isis used 2 of them to great effect.